NO VIDEO SIGNAL

Reaction score
I am trying to setup my FPV for the first time (phantom 2 + Zenmuse H2+ goPro Hero 3+ Black) and cannot get a video signal. I have the boscam TS352 transmitter and the lilliput 7in 664 FPV camera top/FPV monitor. both 5.8gz I have experimented with using different channels, changing the GoPro to NTSC, overall everything looks like it is installed the proper way. I understand that the RF channels and RF Band need to match. I am also using the OSDmini. The monitor is supposed to be automatic to my understanding supposed to pick up signal from Tx and go. The NTSC/pal is automatic
The transmitter is powered on, the fan is running.
The iOSD mini has a green blinking status light.
The GoPro is powered on.

Everything appears to be ok but still no video.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm so upset I've been waiting for these cables to come all week so I would not have to solder anything.
I'm not a technical genius or anything but I'm pretty confident in my abilities for this kinda thing, and I feel pretty defeated on this one...

I used one of these
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/Video-Cable- ... xtech.html

and one of these
http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/Phantom2-Pow ... ystem.html

Heres The entire FPV system I ordered from Helipal.com
http://www.helipal.com/storm-all-in-one ... emium.html

Thanks Totally new to this whole thing as you can see...

How are you using both of those products from dpcav.com at the same time? The cable in the first link connects to the same port as the cable used in the second link, so you could only have one plugged in there at a time. In fact if you have the cable you linked there's no need for the power adaptor.

Can you take pics of how you have everything wired up? It'll save a lot of time in troubleshooting :)

Attachments

• IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 396
Thanks, those help a lot.

Ok, this cable (the first one you linked incorrectly) is the one you really need for this setup: http://www.dpcav.com/xcart/Video-Cable- ... xtech.html

The power adaptor arrangement you're using should work (if everything is connected properly) based on what I read, but it's certainly a non-standard and overly complicated way of doing things. I think that power adaptor is for those who want to use a non-DJI gimbal on the P2.

Looking at your wiring there it's hard to tell the full paths for some of them, can you list where each of the 4 leads connected to the iOSD mini go? (yellow/black/red/white)

IOSD MINI

Yellow=Video -In
Black= Ground
Red-Video Out
White-Ground

ground and video out go to GO Pro
Ground and video in go to TX

That makes since about the gimbal I am probably making it way more complicated than it is...
according to Helipal i should be able to plug and play but it doesn't seem that way.
I'm going to order that first cable that I accidentally linked and see if that fixes it.
Im clueless now as I have been tinkering with this for hours

That's probably best. I'm not even sure what that device is that's most directly connected to the iOSD mini...never seen that needed in a Phantom setup.

The cable will connect to the Phantom's mainboard where the one wired to the power adaptor does now. It'll have obvious plugs for the iOSD mini and for the boscam (power and video both).

Let us know if you need any more help when you get it :)

ddddance said:
ground and video out go to GO Pro
Ground and video in go to TX

Just spotted that post...I think that's the problem...The video out pair should go to the Tx, the video in pair should come from the gopro. Those are just reversed the way you have them now.

I'd still suggest that other all-in-one cable, it's a much better solution all around (less messy too)

I have tried to solder everything and still getting no signal
My soldering sucks but everything is working.
Tx is on iosd mini is on and still no signal both rx and tx set to default channel 3
What else could be wrong?
I'm thinking of purchasing a whole new FPV system at this point.
I'm starting to drive myself mad over this thing. :oops:

I can't answer what can be wrong with the current setup as I've never seen some of the components included in it. I know the other cable you have coming will sidestep all of that....just wait until it arrives and take another stab at it then ;)

Yeah I guess I just need to Wait.
Just have an important shoot tomorrow and really wanted to Test out the FPV for the first time.

I ended up frying my Hero 3+ Black this am it started smoking when I plugged The cable into it
what a night mare I luckily have 3 GoPros now only down to 1 working one.
This has been a learning experience though always wanted to solder things
I have never been one much for waiting...

We can try to get your set up working for now, but it'll involve re-working a good part of it.

To start, get rid of the power adaptor and whatever that component is between the iOSD mini and the boscam tx. Be sure to save the cable connecting the phantom mainboard to the power adaptor.

That cable from the phantom's mainboard has all the leads you need, power and video both. The red lead and one of the brown leads get connected directly to the red and black leads on the boscam's power cable. The yellow lead and other brown lead from the mainboard connect to the video in and ground in on the iOSD mini. The video out and ground out from the iOSD mini go directly to the video in (yellow) and gnd (black) on the boscam.

Let me know if that gives you enough info to work from.

completed all of that and still the same issue..
NO VIDEO SIGNAL
I have no idea still..

I watched a tutorial on youtube so many times I have it memorized .

everything is getting power TX and IOSD mini
both TX and RX set to channel 3 (DEFAULT)
I cant seem however to get my windows machine to recognize the IOSD mini when I plug it in.
downloaded the IOSD ASSt software as well as the windows drivers on the DJI site.
with my original configuration the iOSD mini melted a little bit?(tiny little melt)! but still comes on with a blinking green light when I power up the phantom...
maybe something is fried and I need to order a new IOSD?

I clipped the TX wiring harness in which i got from my original FPV package from helipal to solder to the phantom wires.
all connections seem to be correct just no signal?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4