No video signal - more clues

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my 1st post... new P3A user and running in to this problem as well.

It looks like there is a bug with the SD writing. Also, I believe the video stream actually caches to the SD card for the live stream. Both issues combined are causing multiple issues. Here is what I have found.

Symptom 1 - Fly, record, stop recording, land and disconnect (power down the RC and the P3). Once I power up again, no video and I see 0 space remaining on my disk regardless of the actual space available.

The work around is to offload all files and format.

Symptom 2 - Clean format on SD, get connection to pix elated video.

I recorded video just to rule out something specific with the camera. Turns out, the DCIM directory was corrupted once I tried to read fro my computer

Same WAR - Reformat

Symptom 1 is pissing me off!

FYI
- Using an HTC One M8
- Running Windows 10 on my Desktop when offloading and formatting (Quick format)

The aircraft does reformat... after a reformat on the PC. This should have nothing to do with the problem

What card are you using, the one that come with the P3?
If not the original, maybe try with it, formatted in the bird as previously indicated.

What card are you using, the one that come with the P3?
If not the original, maybe try with it, formatted in the bird as previously indicated.

Yes, using the ad that came with the bird. I see the other threads on the issue and looks like a firmware regression. Hope it's fixed soon.

The aircraft does reformat... after a reformat on the PC. This should have nothing to do with the problem
what format did you use on the PC

Yes, using the ad that came with the bird. I see the other threads on the issue and looks like a firmware regression. Hope it's fixed soon.
I would definitively try another sd card, the original one is for sure compatible but can be faulty. Future firmware update will not fix your issue as I think that most of people don't have the issue you indicate, at least not me.
What are the app and firmware versions reported in the ABOUT setup screen?

Do you mean that you do both and format in the aircraft last or you mean that formatting in the airplane is useless as it is already formatted by the computer?

Do you mean that you do both and format in the aircraft last or you mean that formatting in the airplane is useless as it is already formatted by the computer?
You only have to format the card either in the air craft or on the computer-- the format should be fatX or Fat32 for USB thumdrives

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31