Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

No video problem?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by jim_mids, Mar 29, 2014.

1. jim_mids

Morning Folks,

Nice to be part of such a great forum - I have recently bought a non vision 2 , with the normal immersion 5.8 tx to a black pearl monitor.

Everything has been working fine until yesterday , when I fired the phantom up along with the black pearl and there was no video - all of the iosd was showing , but no other picture.

Checked the connections , all looks fine .. anyone got any ideas? (Sorry for the noob question and the flash on the pic)

Jim

[​IMG]

2. xgeek

Gopro turned on?

3. UKKey

Has the cable to the zenmuse come slightly detached. I had this - once I seated the connecter again fully the video reappeared.

4. jim_mids

Hiya , checked the grey cable in the top of the gimble .. looks ok , took it out and replaced it . Funny thing is , if i roll the phantom and the gimble moves to its full extent - sometimes the video comes back for a second or 2 ...

5. OI Photography

Which gimbal, H3-3D? If so, it's possible the ribbon cable that plugs in to the USB port on the camera has been damaged just enough to sever the video feed. It happened to me last week and I didn't track down the problem for a while, even after an initial basic inspection of the ribbon cable.

6. jim_mids

h3-2d mate , yeah I thought about that - I guess I'm going to have to take the gimbal off and have a good look at it!

7. jim_mids

nothing obvious when the gimbal was off , checked the 8 pin grey ribbon cable - all ok ... any more ideas?