No video on screen

Reaction score
I had video downlink working perfectly. Then, yesterday I powered up everything, and there was no video image on the video monitor. The Mini iOSD was working, displaying telemetry on the video monitor, but it was over black... no image of what the Gopro 3 was seeing. I shot a video without the monitor working, & downloaded it. Video was perfect. The only thing I did differently in between it working & not working was software update on my Gopro 3.

Any thoughts?... thanks. Here is what I'm flying:

Phantom 2
H3-3D
DJI video downlink & receiver
Mini iOSD
Gopro 3
Futaba 8FGs
Liliput field monitor

Things to check:

- Inspect the ribbon cable on the gimbal that plugs in to the USB port on your gopro...it's possible for it to have minor damage that's hard to spot but still bad enough to cut off the video feed.

- Make sure the black 8-wire cable from the gimbal to the Phantom is still seated securely at both ends

- I doubt the gopro firmware update affected anything, but if the 2 things above don't solve the issue then you might want to connect the camera to a display separately (like wire it straight to a TV) and make sure the video feed is working properly.

OI Photography said:
Things to check:

- Inspect the ribbon cable on the gimbal that plugs in to the USB port on your gopro...it's possible for it to have minor damage that's hard to spot but still bad enough to cut off the video feed.

- Make sure the black 8-wire cable from the gimbal to the Phantom is still seated securely at both ends

- I doubt the gopro firmware update affected anything, but if the 2 things above don't solve the issue then you might want to connect the camera to a display separately (like wire it straight to a TV) and make sure the video feed is working properly.

I'll give it all a try, thanks. Do you know if it's possible to use a multimeter to check continuity in the video lines without damaging anything?

did you just to a firmware upgrade? I lost video on my iPod after doing so. I resolved the issue by reinstalling the DJI app. I don't know if that would apply to go pro, however.

pkkingsley said:
did you just to a firmware upgrade? I lost video on my iPod after doing so. I resolved the issue by reinstalling the DJI app. I don't know if that would apply to go pro, however.

Yes, it was working fine before I did the upgrade. I'm not using the app though... hmm, very suspicious.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj