No video on iPhone

Reaction score
Hello all, I am trying to film a scene for a school project with my phantom and all the info comes up on my iPhone 6 yet no video, it's a black screen with a loading wheel. I re installed app and restarted all equipment. I also plugged phantom in computer yet everything looked good. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks
Mike
Ps gimbal inputs work fine

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Isolate the issue by sourcing another i Device or an Android device. Install the DJI GO app on that device and try and connect. This will help narrow down the issue to either the drone or the device.

Issues like this have been reported on idevices running the latest iOS I believe.

Isolate the issue by sourcing another i Device or an Android device. Install the DJI GO app on that device and try and connect. This will help narrow down the issue to either the drone or the device.

Issues like this have been reported on idevices running the latest iOS I believe.
Will try to do so thanks

Ahhh my 6 and SE are both running the newest iOS! I am going to try and pickup and android and try it out.

Ahhh my 6 and SE are both running the newest iOS! I am going to try and pickup and android and try it out.

Just borrow an android tablet from a friend or buy one at Best Buy and become dissatisfied with it within 30 days

Hello all, I am trying to film a scene for a school project with my phantom and all the info comes up on my iPhone 6 yet no video, it's a black screen with a loading wheel. I re installed app and restarted all equipment. I also plugged phantom in computer yet everything looked good. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks
Mike
Ps gimbal inputs work fine

Same happened to me this week. I think it was a bug. Make sure the new app is installed. I had to turn on everything and reboot a few times before it worked. Don't know for sure what it was but all is better for me now. The one thing I did do when it finally worked was recharged my RC and made sure my batteries were at full charge. Try this. I hope it helps.

Same happened to me this week. I think it was a bug. Make sure the new app is installed. I had to turn on everything and reboot a few times before it worked. Don't know for sure what it was but all is better for me now. The one thing I did do when it finally worked was recharged my RC and made sure my batteries were at full charge. Try this. I hope it helps.

New app? I have the dji vision app, but is there a new one out. ( I have not really paid attention to these things) the app is updated.

I was talking about the DJI Go app. Newest is 2.8.2. It was an update this week.

I was talking about the DJI Go app. Newest is 2.8.2. It was an update this week.

Oh, I looked at go app but it said it was for three and four.

Just borrow an android tablet from a friend or buy one at Best Buy and become dissatisfied with it within 30 days
Tried with a fresh out the box s7 and the video screen was still blank but I still had all drone stats and I was able to take and download a picture. Very odd. Any ideas
Thanks
Mike

Yup. Sounds like the Phantom is the issue. So you have isolated it. Good. I agree with the above comment. There is a ribbon cable that connects the camera and gimbal to the Phantom and it sounds like a portion of that ribbon cable is not making connection to the connector where it should seat.

You may want to watch some YouTube videos one gimbal replacement for the Phantom as that would provide a step by step to remove and reattach the ribbon cable or cables.

Yup. Sounds like the Phantom is the issue. So you have isolated it. Good. I agree with the above comment. There is a ribbon cable that connects the camera and gimbal to the Phantom and it sounds like a portion of that ribbon cable is not making connection to the connector where it should seat.

You may want to watch some YouTube videos one gimbal replacement for the Phantom as that would provide a step by step to remove and reattach the ribbon cable or cables.
Ok thanks for the help, I have had bad experiences with wires in the past so looks like I will try to sell it.
Thanks
Mike H

Hello,
I believe DJI intentionally engineered obsolescence. I have the same problem (I see just about everyone does). Had the Vision+ on the shelf for a bit while using other drones. Took it out today and got the black screen, all telemetry is perfect and the camera takes photos and video - just no live streaming. Jumped online. I've 'heard' that it's the ribbon and some shop in FL will install a 'grey one' to replace the black and that's the fix? Sounds ridicules to me. My drone is in perfect working order. This is a software issue and because DJI no longer supports this craft I think we're screwed. I get the exact same result on the paid app, Ken's Ultimate Flight. My bird is modded with FPVLR antenna and other extras as well. Plus the 20 batteries I have for this and the Vision. I'm taking a huge hit, $. If anyone has a sensible fix, aside from changing the color of the connection cables, please let me know. Otherwise I'm just putting all my Vision + and Vision stuff on eBay before it's totally worthless (if interested beside the V+ I have several Visions and parts to last a lifetime). I like the P3 and the P4 but don't want to be locked into Light Bridge. Great technology but way beyond my ability to tinker with. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hello,
I believe DJI intentionally engineered obsolescence. I have the same problem (I see just about everyone does). Had the Vision+ on the shelf for a bit while using other drones. Took it out today and got the black screen, all telemetry is perfect and the camera takes photos and video - just no live streaming. Jumped online. I've 'heard' that it's the ribbon and some shop in FL will install a 'grey one' to replace the black and that's the fix? Sounds ridicules to me. My drone is in perfect working order. This is a software issue and because DJI no longer supports this craft I think we're screwed. I get the exact same result on the paid app, Ken's Ultimate Flight. My bird is modded with FPVLR antenna and other extras as well. Plus the 20 batteries I have for this and the Vision. I'm taking a huge hit, $. If anyone has a sensible fix, aside from changing the color of the connection cables, please let me know. Otherwise I'm just putting all my Vision + and Vision stuff on eBay before it's totally worthless (if interested beside the V+ I have several Visions and parts to last a lifetime). I like the P3 and the P4 but don't want to be locked into Light Bridge. Great technology but way beyond my ability to tinker with. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sounds likely. I have not had a stress free time with DJI, what a bunch of crooks. I will most likely keep it and use as a spare and purchase another drone from a different brand !

I spent all day today trying to get it to work, no luck. Checked out Best Buy to see if they had a cheep tablet running on KitKat, no luck. The only 'fix' I see is to bind the bird to a 3rd party RC and monitor. I just ordered a FrSky Taranis for a racer I'm building. I might go with that but leaning toward just selling all my Phantom 2 stuff. I have the P3 & P4, both are pretty robust. I have Solo for using the GoPro and Typhoon for really high quality video. Eventually parts for the P2s will run out. It's less expensive to just build my own. And non-proprietary parts always will be available.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl