No Video on iPAD mini 2

Reaction score
I've had my P4 now for a week and been flying with my iphone 6...after some initial FW song and dance I got everything working and flying as expected. I purchased a ipad mini 2 cellular, it has the latest 9.3.1 iOS version at first the DJI Go app would not connect to the mini, I followed the advise of the guys here and reloaded the mini's iOS from itunes and that worked (sorta). I am now able to connect to the P4 but now the video output from the camera is black. When I plug in my iphone 6 (also running 9.3.1), video works no problem.

Does anyone know whats going on here?

Are you using the same cable for the iPhone as the iPad? Even if so try a Different one, I have the same iPad running my P4 with no issues. Put it in airplane mode also.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is a common fault when changing between the ipad 2 mini and iPhone 6.

The issue is the cache enabled seems to be causing an issue and remember settings from each. Go into the app and clear the cache and turn it off.

Then delete the app and reinstall it. Do the same to the iPhone 6. Do not reconnect the iphone 6. Use the iPad mini.

This is a common fault when changing between the ipad 2 mini and iPhone 6.

The issue is the cache enabled seems to be causing an issue and remember settings from each. Go into the app and clear the cache and turn it off.

Then delete the app and reinstall it. Do the same to the iPhone 6. Do not reconnect the iphone 6. Use the iPad mini.
Ahhhh, I see you're spreading my theory but you can see the pattern I was speaking about right? It's a combination of the iPhone and a iOS tab. Not still willing to bet it and I'm still not sure if it's the cache at the intro screen by the way, not inside the camera screen of the app. It certainly seems to be the common thread but this is hardly scientific and there is no causation. Still, it's something to look at.

Delete the cache as he said at the app level including the firmware cache, it won't erase the firmware, just the knowledge of what you have temporarily.

Then back up your tab, then do a clean format from the computer and just set it up as new from iTunes, NOT ICLOUD, and then before using your phone, add the app back. Must to it by cable in iTunes and then restart everything and it should work again.

Ahhhh, I see you're spreading my theory but you can see the pattern I was speaking about right? It's a combination of the iPhone and a iOS tab. Not still willing to bet it and I'm still not sure if it's the cache at the intro screen by the way, not inside the camera screen of the app. It certainly seems to be the common thread but this is hardly scientific and there is no causation. Still, it's something to look at.

Delete the cache as he said at the app level including the firmware cache, it won't erase the firmware, just the knowledge of what you have temporarily.

Then back up your tab, then do a clean format from the computer and just set it up as new from iTunes, NOT ICLOUD, and then before using your phone, add the app back. Must to it by cable in iTunes and then restart everything and it should work again.
Yeah Iv seen reports on Facebook, here and DJI forums and it seems to help clearing the cache and reinstalling. No idea why and only seems to be iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2. Unless it's the same guy posting :(

Reactions: Mark C.
Yeah Iv seen reports on Facebook, here and DJI forums and it seems to help clearing the cache and reinstalling. No idea why and only seems to be iPhone 6 and iPad mini 2. Unless it's the same guy posting :(
It's any iteration of the iPad when the issue is a complete disconnect from the camera screen.

Just most people have the mini 2 but it happens on all iPads mixed with an iPhone 6 (maybe others, not sure) and I saw it with someone with a pro.

It's seems undeniable that it's a combo of an iPhone 6 and a iOS tab.

My very uneducated guess is it has something to do with firmware.confusiom or something by the app. I should shoot an email to DJI support about the apparent link. I would normally assume they would figure it out but my faith is a little shaken by their techs.

Thank you for posting this! I had the same problem with my iPad mini 2 , iPhone 6S worked but pad wouldn't connect. Followed your instructions and now working great! Very happy now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jussaguy
Thank you for posting this! I had the same problem with my iPad mini 2 , iPhone 6S worked but pad wouldn't connect. Followed your instructions and now working great! Very happy now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glad it worked. Just because I'm trying to really figure this out, can you tell me exactly what you did? Did you just do the cache or did you wipe and reinstall?

Glad it worked. Just because I'm trying to really figure this out, can you tell me exactly what you did? Did you just do the cache or did you wipe and reinstall?
I went into my profile on the DJI Go app and in settings I cleared each of the caches. Then logged out of the app and deleted. Then plugged my iPad into my MacBook Air and in iTunes I backed up my iPad to the computer instead of the cloud. I did that in case it didn't work. Then I reset the iPad as a new device. I logged in and set it up to my Apple ID. Then went into the App Store and in purchased apps, I opened the DJI Go app and logged in. Turned on the RC and AC and plugged the iPad into the RC. Clicked the equipment icon, and the P4 was there. A blue ring around the connect button. Clicked connect and it turned to Camera. I opened and everything worked. Even connected to the simulation in the DJI Academy. I played with the Way Points feature and got familiar with the settings. To bad it is going to be raining here tomorrow, can't wait to fly it on a screen that I can see! Thank you to everyone on the forum for all the input, good and bad. The only problem I've had was the connection issue and now it is solved! I'm very happy with my purchase and feel the price is justified.

Reactions: Jussaguy
I went into my profile on the DJI Go app and in settings I cleared each of the caches. Then logged out of the app and deleted. Then plugged my iPad into my MacBook Air and in iTunes I backed up my iPad to the computer instead of the cloud. I did that in case it didn't work. Then I reset the iPad as a new device. I logged in and set it up to my Apple ID. Then went into the App Store and in purchased apps, I opened the DJI Go app and logged in. Turned on the RC and AC and plugged the iPad into the RC. Clicked the equipment icon, and the P4 was there. A blue ring around the connect button. Clicked connect and it turned to Camera. I opened and everything worked. Even connected to the simulation in the DJI Academy. I played with the Way Points feature and got familiar with the settings. To bad it is going to be raining here tomorrow, can't wait to fly it on a screen that I can see! Thank you to everyone on the forum for all the input, good and bad. The only problem I've had was the connection issue and now it is solved! I'm very happy with my purchase and feel the price is justified.
Good stuff.

thanks a lot, i was spending a week to figure it out how to connect my ipad Mini 2 to my Phantom. Now it works!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20