No Video/No Connection but flies fine

Reaction score
I just put my P3P back together after a trip into the ocean. Plenty of details here if you want them (
Water Damage Tips & Process)

It flies fine at the moment and everything seems to work except for the video feed. On startup the gimbal goes through its bootup motions as normal but I think there may be something wrong with the transmitter for video and flight data.

At the top of the screen I get "no connection" but I do have GPS satellites indicated. I don't get any feedback from the drone live. No video, no speed, no distance. Occasionally, I'll get no GPS but that seems to have subsided after a few flights. Generally, my gimbal gets quite hot as well but that seems to have been going on prior to this issue.

Any thoughts on where to start troubleshooting this one?

Also, it looks like I nicked this cable on when disassembling. I'm thinking that might be part of the issue.

http://www.phantompilots.com/attachments/drone_repair9-jpg.31422/

Thanks In advance!

sounds like it may not be reading the SD card

I tested two SD's today but no difference.

Further troubleshooting shows that while the gimbal goes through the boot-up motions it then it goes limp. I don't have the option of taking video or pictures on the screen either and the scroll wheel is not communicating with the gimbal.

This seems to indicate it might be more than just the wifi module. Does anyone know what these 2 gray wires go to. I'm thinking they may be part of the problem.

Attachments

• Drone_Repair9.JPG
    Drone_Repair9.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 393

Further troubleshooting shows that while the gimbal goes through the boot-up motions it then it goes limp. I don't have the option of taking video or pictures on the screen either and the scroll wheel is not communicating with the gimbal.

This seems to indicate it might be more than just the wifi module. Does anyone know what these 2 gray wires go to. I'm thinking they may be part of the problem.
The picture is out of focus-- maybe you could repost it and point out the wires?

I took the gimbal off and connected to a fully functional p3p and same result which takes the wire issue off the table. Narrowing things down, it has power initially but won't transmit video to the RC.

I took the gimbal off and connected to a fully functional p3p and same result which takes the wire issue off the table. Narrowing things down, it has power initially but won't transmit video to the RC.
Try reformatting the SD card if you haven't done that already.

Hey MA,

Are you still getting this issue? It recently happened to me and I found the only solution was to do a firmware upgrade. Now it works fine although the new firmware has introduced the 'compass stuck' error.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic