NO Video. H3-D3 w/ Hero 3

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 2 V2 with an H3-3D gimbal. Found a pretty good priced "NEW" Hero 3. Bought the ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8 Ghz transmitter, plug & play cable, and RC732 5.8 Ghz 32 channel receiver. Plugged everything up like I have seen on countless videos and get nothing! It looks like the receiver is getting the transmission from the transmitter but there is no video. I have checked the ribbon cables on the gimbal and they all look fine. I am at a loss now. I have been over the inside of the Phantom with a fine tooth comb and everything is plugged in as it should be.

Could this be an issue with the GoPro itself? Has anyone else experienced this before?

So, assume you have a blank screen, but no image?
Check that the camera is set to video mode, not photo and set to the same video standard as the monitor. So, if the monitor is set to NTSC, check the camera is as well.

You cannot tell visually if the ribbon cables are OK. You need a meter to test them fully. They are the usual failure point.

Checked the camera/monitor and made sure both were NTSC. I also checked that the transmitter channel was the channel selected on the monitor. I toggled between several different channels to make sure it wasn't just interference.

Have any suggestions on where to get the cables? I also am suspecting the flat ribbon cables on the gimbal...

Do you have mini IOSD installed?

Did you check that RX 1&2 are on the same channel?? And just because you checked the ribbon cable doesn't mean it couldn't still have an open trace as they are worst link in the video system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik