No Video Feed and Non Responsive Gimbal - Fixed

I thought I would post this in case someone else experiences the same issue as me with no video feed and an apparent 'non responsive' gimbal. A week ago my video feed stopped altogether from close range (100 feet) with nothing but the DJI logo on the screen (except the telemetry and menu buttons etc).
The video/camera buttons on the RHS of the app were grayed out and did nothing.
The P3 flew fine, but that's about it. When I started the P3 up, the gimbal did it's 'dance' and everything looked fine, but about 5 seconds later the camera would always 'flop' down at an approximate 45 deg. angle and was unresponsive to any rx input. It did this repeatedly. The gimbal was free to move by hand in all directions and seemed perfectly fine.
I also noticed that when I went to turn the P3 off, it didn't turn off straight away like normal, but stayed on (after the 2nd battery press) with all the lights flashing for about 5 seconds and then the P3 turned off...strange.
Of course, I tried different USB cables, different tablets (Ipad mini2 and Iphone 6+), deleted the entire Go app and re-installed, had the 32 channel hack in place etc, but nothing seemed to work - still no video feed and a camera pointing down at 45 degrees.
Then I seemed to remember someone (on this forum) mentioned that a corrupt SD card may affect video feed, so I thought what the heck and pulled it out to reformat on my PC. Even though the card was empty, this fixed the problem! I re-inserted the card and everything worked fine again (the card is a Sandisk Ultra 64mb XC-1). Took a 4000’ flight today with perfect video and no issues. I have the latest P3 FW, and IOS 9.02 on both Ipad mini2 and Iphone 6+
Hope this may help others...

Hi Pete,
I have updated my P3P with IOS V2.40, aircraft V1.4.10, RC 1.4.30. Now when I started up , there is no Video signal from the Ipad mini4 except fot DJI logo. I have tried all the suggestions here but still can not fix the problem.
IMG_1547.JPG

Reactions: Poundofnuts
You might try looking through this post for ideas;
Possible "No Signal" FIX! Try this! | DJI Phantom Forum

For me it was formatting the card using USB 2.0 ports on my PC. Also make sure you do not change the file allocation size - just leave it.
Of course try another sd card if you have one.. Good luck!

Reactions: bobmyers
I fixed the same issue by "cold" calibrating the IMU and adding the 32 channel config file to the Go app...I also reformatted the SD card, but it was working before i did that :)

You might try looking through this post for ideas;
Possible "No Signal" FIX! Try this! | DJI Phantom Forum

For me it was formatting the card using USB 2.0 ports on my PC. Also make sure you do not change the file allocation size - just leave it.
Of course try another sd card if you have one.. Good luck!

Hi Pete,thank you very much. The problem is solved now by using another SD card as the original SD card might have been corrupted.

Reactions: Pete Leare
I wish that would fix mine. I've tried 3 different SD cards, reformatted, cold IMU calibrations, iOS 8 and iOS 9, downgrading firmware, upgrading again, and nothing has fixed the "no signal" issue. Looking like it's going to have to go back to DJI.

Last edited:
I wish that would fix mine. I've tried 3 different SD cards, reformatted, cold IMU calibrations, iOS 8 and iOS 9, downgrading firmware, upgrading again, and nothing has fixed the "no signal" issue. Looking like it's going to have to go back to DJI.
I'm sure you've tried everything, but just in case, try this;
Click on the HD icon, select custom channels, choose the channel with the lowest interference, then set the transmission rate to 4mbps. After that click on the general menu, upper right hand corner, scroll down and enable hardware decoding and disable video caching. Make sure that no apps are running in the background and enable airplane mode.
If successful then credit goes to Maui Aerial Ima - not me

Yeah, I already tried that a couple of weeks ago with no luck. DJI stated that its the remote control firmware and I'll most likely have to return it to them for a new one. They said they have been able to fix a few of the remotes, but the majority of them they've had to replace due to the firmware bricking them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20