No video dji vision app

Reaction score
I've read a lot of threads on this with no clear answer so I'm posting my problem and failed tried solutions.

I have all the telemetry, control of camera, can take photos, can take videos, but all I have is the black screen with grey spinning disc.

Currently tried devices include:

2 iPhone 5s - rebooted phones, deleted and reinstalled app, changed camera preview setting, and have tried various methods of connecting to P2V

iPad - all the same methods as the phones with the same results.

Did a rebind of the camera several times with each device with no luck.

To lead up to my problem everything has been working just fine with no problems. I've logged several hours of flights with videos and photos all working as should. The phantom sat for approximately 2 months since I've last used it and now I have no video. As with a lot of other threads I can control everything, take photos and videos (even though I can't see what I'm shooting), able to look through sd card of previous stuff, and I have all the other information on screen. Can't believe the wifi card would go bad (as other posts have recommended changing) since I have everything except video stream and just because the phantom sat unused.

Looking for any other ideas or suggestions as to what would've made the video suddenly not show up.

To anyone else dealing with this same problem....

I think I have my issue down to the firmware in the camera. I'm still stuck on earlier firmware.

Now my problem is I cannot get the camera to take the new firmware and update. Currently I've tried:

4 different SD cards to rule out bad card
Reset and reformatted each card using the app
Downloaded zip file from dji site 3 times to rule out bad file
Tried renaming the file and leaving it same as download
Put file in root of each card

Followed the instructions in the readme file 7 times and still no update. All I get is the standard green light as if not trying to update. If anyone knows what's wrong and how to get it to accept the bin file and update I could finally figure out if that's causing my black screen with spinning wheel issue.

UPDATE:

I finally got video to work again.

I deleted everything from the computer assistant programs all the way to SD cards and reloaded everything.

Delete both assistant and rc programs. Re download and install on PC. Plugged Phantom and RC into each of their appropriate programs and even if it showed current version I updated with fresh install.

Downloaded current version of Camera .bin file on a brand new formatted SD card and new .bin file loaded on. Camera took .bin file and updated.

Did a rebind as I still have box from original purchase which makes it easier to just scan the code.

Using iPhone I went in and deleted app then reinstalled app.

Not sure which process helped or made it work but finally my Phantom is back up and running with live video in the DJI vision app. Hope this helps other people having the same frustrating issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20