Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced no video after 15-20 seconds

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by BradD1, Dec 30, 2015.

1. BradD1

P3A- has been working fine, now video stops in mid-flight (15-20 seconds) with or without the DJI App running. Everything else (controls, positioning, hover) all seem to be fine. Any thoughts?

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

What do you mean by the video stops? Can you describe what happens in more detail?

3. Alex Hill

Delete the DJI GO app and re download it

4. BradD1

did that- no change. changed out the SIM card and whalaaaa- video "tapes" without stopping. Thanks for your time and assistance.

5. vh100

Does it look something like this? Mine started doing this a couple weeks ago and I can't figure it out. I've used different SD cards, tried different weather (ie cool or hot out), tried updating FW, reinstalling app... nothing. Any help would be appreciated! I used 4 batteries, recorded the whole time and got a total of 4 minutes of footage.

6. The Art Of Drones

I had the same problem and it was my SD card reader

vh100 likes this.
  7. vh100

Wow, I never would have thought of that, good one! Unfortunately that's not the case. The video is the same streaming from the phantom to my tablet as it is from my card reader. I did notice when recording the time counter would sometimes freeze and sometimes automatically stop recording after 20-30 seconds...

8. The Art Of Drones

Go to the gallery in the DJI go app and see if it looks like that there

9. vh100

Yeah, it's the same in the app. I've tried setting the camera to different resolutions and framerates with no luck. Maybe it's possible that all my SD cards are toast. I've reformatted each one a couple times with the app.

10. The Art Of Drones

Which drone do you use?
    (If you are using the phantom 3 pro your SD card should be Class 10 or UHS-1 )

11. vh100

Sorry for the late reply, the rum got the best of me! I'm using the Advance. All of my cards are class 10. I have a Lexar, SanDisk and Kensington, all 64 GB. They seem to work fine in other cameras. I'm going to go buy a new one today to see if that fixes it. I just hope it's not the Phantom causing the problem!

12. The Art Of Drones

13. vh100

Well, I bought a new card and tested it out last night. No problems at all. What were the odds that all 3 of my SD cards Stopped working at the same time! The only thing I don't get is why they still work fine in my other cameras... weird!!

The Art Of Drones likes this.