No telemetry on FVP, do I need a firmware update?

Reaction score
I am a newbie with a new P2, H3-2D, gimbal, and iOSD mini. Works great, except for FPV. The field monitor shows the GoPro video, but there is no telemetry data overlaid over the video.

I have read that a iOSD firmware update may be needed. I am not sure how to check the version of the iOSD mini or how to update the firmware. I have installed the DJI iOSD Assistant 4.0.

My iOSD mini is inside the body of the P2, so while this may be obvious I want to confirm I have to open the P2 to connect a USB cable to the iOSD mini to update it, is that right? I've not been inside the P2 and don't want to open the P2 unless I have to.

thanks,
Rich

richparry said:
I want to confirm I have to open the P2 to connect a USB cable to the iOSD mini to update it, is that right? I've not been inside the P2 and don't want to open the P2 unless I have to.

Hi Rich, that's correct. The iOSD mini unit has a mini-USB port on the side of it for exactly this purpose. Quite a number of Phantom owners have found the firmware update was necessary to get the data displayed.

I think you also need to install the "DJI driver" from their website, seems to be necessary for most of their accessories in addition to the relevant assistant software (which you already have). Once all that's in place, just connect it to the USB port on your PC and fire up the iOSD Assistant, the upgrade is done through there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers