No tablet/phone needed when using DJI Goggles?

Reaction score
Watching the video reviews for the DJI Goggles I was impressed with the integration you get with the Mavic (wireless) or P4P (when connected with usb).

I occurred to me that pretty much everything is visible and accessible, including camera settings, etc, unlike when just using HDMI with something like the Glyph or FatShark.

It seems like the goggles could take the place of the main device. From a technical standpoint, do the googles rely on the tablet/phone in some way?

There is no technical requirement for the tablet when using the goggles. It would however be easier (imo) to use the tablet for certain things, such as take off and landing for example. The tablet also offers certain diagnostic and data recording features which I don't believe the goggles allow beyond the storage of the video/pictures recorded during the flight.

Reactions: embayweather
Gents, did you end up buying the Goggles?

I just did. And a P4P. I am now at a loss as to how I can (1) have the DJI Go 4 App connected via phone or similar device AND have the Goggles connected via USB (I need the USB connection for the functionality). Would be grateful for any advice!!

Can't have it both ways if both are using the USB. Splitters don't seem to work on the RC USB.

I am now at a loss as to how I can (1) have the DJI Go 4 App connected via phone or similar device AND have the Goggles connected via USB (I need the USB connection for the functionality).
In order to use a mobile device at the same time, you'll need to connect the DJI Goggles to the remote controller via an HDMI cable. If using the included cable, you'll need to use it along with a mini HDMI to HDMI adapter (like this one).

DJI-Goggles-HDMI-Cable-Connected.jpg

In order to use a mobile device at the same time, you'll need to connect the DJI Goggles to the remote controller via an HDMI cable. If using the included cable, you'll need to use it along with a mini HDMI to HDMI adapter (like this one).

View attachment 88059

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm completely new to this and in process of deciding what I want to purchase.

My question is, if you are wearing the goggles to control the drone, it would seem problematic to have to remove them so that you can do something on the phone. Am I missing something?

if you are wearing the goggles to control the drone, it would seem problematic to have to remove them so that you can do something on the phone. Am I missing something?
If using the DJI Goggles, you can easily flip them up (like this) and look down at your phone.

Gents, did you end up buying the Goggles?

I just did. And a P4P. I am now at a loss as to how I can (1) have the DJI Go 4 App connected via phone or similar device AND have the Goggles connected via USB (I need the USB connection for the functionality). Would be grateful for any advice!!
How did it work out ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers