No SIM Card

Reaction score
Can anyone explain what happened here? Took my P3A up this afternoon and videoed the local surroundings and took one photo. All seemed normal, nothing out of the ordinary as far as I could tell. Landed and sat a while without powering off battery (did stop motors). Went back up for another short flight and when I was up a ways I noticed there was no video on my screen. Brought it back down and saw an error of no SIM card. Looked in gimball and there was no card in it. I thought it had fallen out between flights. Turns out it was never in the P3. I had forgotten to put it back after last upload and it was still in USB adapter. Question is, why did all work ok in first flight and not in second flight?

Maybe you didn't secure the card by pressing it it to lock? So technically the contacts was touching on the first run but during the second flight it slid out of the slot due to not being locked in.

Maybe you didn't secure the card by pressing it it to lock? So technically the contacts was touching on the first run but during the second flight it slid out of the slot due to not being locked in.
No the card was never in the P3 for either flight. It was in the house the whole time mounted in the USB stick.

I think you mean no SD card. You can fly ok without one, but of course you can't take any photos. It may be not related to why your FPV wasn't working the second time. Clearly FPV works fine without an SD card.

Can anyone explain what happened here? Took my P3A up this afternoon and videoed the local surroundings and took one photo. All seemed normal, nothing out of the ordinary as far as I could tell. Landed and sat a while without powering off battery (did stop motors). Went back up for another short flight and when I was up a ways I noticed there was no video on my screen. Brought it back down and saw an error of no SIM card. Looked in gimball and there was no card in it. I thought it had fallen out between flights. Turns out it was never in the P3. I had forgotten to put it back after last upload and it was still in USB adapter. Question is, why did all work ok in first flight and not in second flight?
Sounds like to me that you just lost video feed. There are a few thing that can cause this. A bad video channel, a Go app glitch, or some type of interference.
Did you have a live video feed before take off on the second flight? Usually just restarting the app can solve connection problems. also make sure your device is in airplane mode. It doesn't matter if there is a SD card in the gimbal or not when just flying. You will still get video feed. Only when you go to hit record will it tell you there is no card in the gimbal. Check your channel settings for video feed before flight. This is a common practice in pre flight checks.

I think you mean no SD card. You can fly ok without one, but of course you can't take any photos. It may be not related to why your FPV wasn't working the second time. Clearly FPV works fine without an SD card.
Agreed, you should definitely get the live stream through the DJI go app regardless of whether there's an SD card in the bird.

SD card, thanks for the correction. I didn't notice if I had video feed at start of second flight or not. I have a lot of trees around here and just watch the bird lift off without watching the monitor. When I was at altitude I looked at a black screen. I now understand I can, and should, have video feed regardless if SD card is in place or not, makes sense. Guess it was just a no video feed glitch. I also didn't notice any warnings when I videoed the first flight and don't see any on my Healthy Drone logs. I'll duplicate the first flight tomorrow without the SD card and pay more attention.

You may duplicate the first flight tomorrow but keep it away from the trees and fly above the level of trees. Don't take any risk.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl