No signal

Phone/OS? Has it ever connected before?

Do you have the DJI Pilot app loaded on the phone?
Is the phone plugged into the controller?
Is USB debugging on if Android?

Some additional information would help narrow down the 10s of thousands of possibility.

I'm having same issue. It was working fine 3 days ago now I get no camera view. Shows "no signal" can't control gimble or camera. Apple iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1

Reactions: Poundofnuts
Im not a MAC user...but read somewahere a fix to that...

I had the same problem on my Android, but the problem is the "google Services Play", that did uupdate against my will...

Already solved....

Go in to your settings, then notifications, and make sure notifications are enabled and everything is on. If it is off its blocking the access control popup from appearing that asks if you want to allow the tablet/phone to be controlled with the controller

Won't connect with my phone.
Can fly but can't see camera view.
Have tried everything.
Please help.
Does it say "no signal" in red at the top? If so, welcome to the Hell DJI has created for us, thanks to their firmware updates.

I'm having same issue. It was working fine 3 days ago now I get no camera view. Shows "no signal" can't control gimble or camera. Apple iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.1
Did you update the firmware or DJI GO App? Do you have auto updates turned on?

I'm having the same issue with the new RC firmware update. NO image. I have another machine at a prior version on the RC and it's fine. Will test more tomorrow. So disappointing. This is why I have a hard time basing a business on this junk.

Hardly a DJI issue as most people have no issue at all.
Actually, it's 100% a DJI issue. I've spoken to 3 different support techs that acknowledged its a DJI issue. The issue is in the last firmware update for the controller. They're working on a fix, but won't say how long before it's released. They stated that the number of calls regarding "no signal" are increasing more and more every week. If you doubt me, call DJI and they will tell you. They think it has to do with the different chipsets on the boards inside the controller. Some accept the firmware upgrade and work one, some accept the firmware upgrade, but the video feed breaks.

Actually, it's 100% a DJI issue. I've spoken to 3 different support techs that acknowledged its a DJI issue. The issue is in the last firmware update for the controller. They're working on a fix, but won't say how long before it's released. They stated that the number of calls regarding "no signal" are increasing more and more every week. If you doubt me, call DJI and they will tell you. They think it has to do with the different chipsets on the boards inside the controller. Some accept the firmware upgrade and work one, some accept the firmware upgrade, but the video feed breaks.
Just tell em you want a new P3 so you can get on with flying-- maybe the next one will work.

Obviously thats NOT the case. If it were then NO ONE would be able to fly right now with the current FW and app. Since we clearly see that we are in fact flying with no issues, then the problem can not be controller FW. More like controller FW communicating with some individuals tables. Since we know that there are only two controller versions, and both work for some, then the issue cant be the controller, or the FW. Which leads us back to some individuals tablets. Kind-of a no brainer!

Obviously thats NOT the case. If it were then NO ONE would be able to fly right now with the current FW and app. Since we clearly see that we are in fact flying with no issues, then the problem can not be controller FW. More like controller FW communicating with some individuals tables. Since we know that there are only two controller versions, and both work for some, then the issue cant be the controller, or the FW. Which leads us back to some individuals tablets. Kind-of a no brainer!

I can add to this. I bought a P3s last week. Did the upgrades and would get red loss of signal at about 30 m and RTH would kick in. Different locations, and not in beginner mode. Took it back got another one. New one flies perfectly, plenty of range. Everything is the same (locations, tablet, etc) except I did not update the FW. I agree It could be a lot of things, but I think I will wait on the FW upgrade until there is more info. Hope this gets solved

I updated firmware on quad and RC when I first got it last week. Had several good flights but all of a sudden this week, "no signal" from camera. Is there a more recent update? How do I check to see if "auto updates" are turned on? I've tried another cable and checked notification settings which are/were enabled.

I agree that I don't think this is the new controller firmware because I had the problem with the controller firmware one rev back. I'm still on that firmware- I haven't updated to the newest stand alone rc update. I seem ok now having updated to ios 9.1 and the newest go app, but that doesn't say much until I get more flights in. Somewhere along the way something got whacked on dji's end. You can't just say that people who were having no issues and then have them after dji firmware updates just have a tablet issue. This reminds me of the gps atti-compass error bug from earlier this year. They got it sorted. They'll get this sorted too.

You obviously didn't read my post. It doesn't affect everybody because of the different chipsets in the remote controls. That's why it doesn't affect "everyone". It is a DJI problem, they have stated this many times. And you are correct that there are only two controller versions, an A and a B, but technically there are different chipset versions on the boards inside the remote, and that is all of the difference in the world. The firmware works with some chipsets and fails on others, regardless of whether the remote is an A or B.

Last edited:
Reactions: PilotHal
I updated firmware on quad and RC when I first got it last week. Had several good flights but all of a sudden this week, "no signal" from camera. Is there a more recent update? How do I check to see if "auto updates" are turned on? I've tried another cable and checked notification settings which are/were enabled.
I believe it's something like:
Settings
iTunes & App Store
Automatic Downloads

If you're on the latest DJI GO and didn't update it yourself, then you probably have auto updates turned on. The "no signal" happening all of the sudden could be from the DJI GO App updating without you knowing. Once that happens, it doesn't play well with the firmware on certain remotes and you lose your video signal, resulting in the red "no signal".

I agree that I don't think this is the new controller firmware because I had the problem with the controller firmware one rev back. I'm still on that firmware- I haven't updated to the newest stand alone rc update. I seem ok now having updated to ios 9.1 and the newest go app, but that doesn't say much until I get more flights in. Somewhere along the way something got whacked on dji's end. You can't just say that people who were having no issues and then have them after dji firmware updates just have a tablet issue. This reminds me of the gps atti-compass error bug from earlier this year. They got it sorted. They'll get this sorted too.
So you haven't updated to the newest firmware yet? Be careful if you do, you may end up with "no signal" like a lot of us. I agree with you, DJI definitely has something whacked on their end.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik