No signal warning on my P3P

Reaction score
So I took my P3P out yesterday after about two months in storage ( a rash of people getting married eats up all your weekends) I set it all up and was greeted to black video on my iPad and a large red warning at the top saying "No Signal". The problem is every other readout from the drone to the iPad was working normally. (signal strength, GPS lock. orientation, etc) I was even able to fly it for a short test without issue. I just can't get the video to show.

Troubleshooting steps: I tried new batteries in the Phantom, power-cycling the controller, fully restarted my iPad. I even tried relocating to a new spot entirely thinking some sort of interference might be the culprit. (Althought i figured this was unlikely. I had a good lock on 14 sats and signal strength was perfect on the tablet)

I'm not sure what to try next. I am behind on firmware for both Phantom and controller, but this has never been an issue before. I'd prefer not to upgrade, but i'm definitely open to it. I always store the Phantom in its GoProfessional case with the original DJI gimbal lock in place, so I'm thinking it's not impact or shock related. I'm going to be doing some more research today to see if there's a more serious reset or reboot I can do on the Phantom itself, but in the mean time I hoped you fine people might be able to point me in a better direction.

Thanks so much for reading!

Reactions: macoman
Are you sure you didn't upgrade the remote controller firmware or install a new version of DJI GO since you last used your Phantom?

I"m confident I didn't accidentally upgrade the controller, but the app is a realy good comment. I thought I had my ipad set to never update apps on its own. I need to go back and check that. Great idea.

This happened to me as well. I tried new cables and different devices etc etc. I have been told it could be the camera board - it seems to be a known fault. If an update can cure yours then I will try that, Keep us posted please.

Have you tried rebinding the TX to the quad?

Reactions: Pete43
So I took my P3P out yesterday after about two months in storage ( a rash of people getting married eats up all your weekends) I set it all up and was greeted to black video on my iPad and a large red warning at the top saying "No Signal". The problem is every other readout from the drone to the iPad was working normally. (signal strength, GPS lock. orientation, etc) I was even able to fly it for a short test without issue. I just can't get the video to show.

Troubleshooting steps: I tried new batteries in the Phantom, power-cycling the controller, fully restarted my iPad. I even tried relocating to a new spot entirely thinking some sort of interference might be the culprit. (Althought i figured this was unlikely. I had a good lock on 14 sats and signal strength was perfect on the tablet)

I'm not sure what to try next. I am behind on firmware for both Phantom and controller, but this has never been an issue before. I'd prefer not to upgrade, but i'm definitely open to it. I always store the Phantom in its GoProfessional case with the original DJI gimbal lock in place, so I'm thinking it's not impact or shock related. I'm going to be doing some more research today to see if there's a more serious reset or reboot I can do on the Phantom itself, but in the mean time I hoped you fine people might be able to point me in a better direction.

Thanks so much for reading!

Did you find the problem?

So I finally found time to circle back to this issue. (Life got busy, we all know how it is)

Last night I started messing with this again. I discovered that my drone had actually recorded a perfectly working video file to the SD card during my bad flight three weeks ago. So it appears the camera is functioning and sending good video to the drone itself, just not passing that off to the controller.

My next move was to try a firmware update. My bird was still on 1.2.60 so I tried to upgrade it to 1.3.20. The initial attempt seemed promissing. I got the usual noises and flashing lights, but then towards what i assume was the end of the upgrade, the beep noise turned from intermittent to a solid consistent tone and the gimbal fan was going full bore. In fact the gimbal and mount itself felt much hotter than normal. I let this run for another 20 minutes, with the solid beep tone the entire time. No change. Finally I pulled the battery and SD card to check the logs. It had indeed failed. I'm planning on trying again tonight if I can get the time.

So in summary, finding a working video file on the SD card feels promising, but I still have no video feed at all to my tablet. Any more ideas or suggestions you fine people could offer would be very much appreciated.

So I finally found time to circle back to this issue. (Life got busy, we all know how it is)

Last night I started messing with this again. I discovered that my drone had actually recorded a perfectly working video file to the SD card during my bad flight three weeks ago. So it appears the camera is functioning and sending good video to the drone itself, just not passing that off to the controller.

My next move was to try a firmware update. My bird was still on 1.2.60 so I tried to upgrade it to 1.3.20. The initial attempt seemed promissing. I got the usual noises and flashing lights, but then towards what i assume was the end of the upgrade, the beep noise turned from intermittent to a solid consistent tone and the gimbal fan was going full bore. In fact the gimbal and mount itself felt much hotter than normal. I let this run for another 20 minutes, with the solid beep tone the entire time. No change. Finally I pulled the battery and SD card to check the logs. It had indeed failed. I'm planning on trying again tonight if I can get the time.

So in summary, finding a working video file on the SD card feels promising, but I still have no video feed at all to my tablet. Any more ideas or suggestions you fine people could offer would be very much appreciated.
HI have you tried turning on with no sd card inserted,,,does this change anything

Can I suggest that just in case there is a conflict you're unaware of, can you just confirm to those in the know, what version of GO you're using and the FW #s of the TX and AC?

Absolutely!

App: 2.4.3
Aircraft: 1.3.20 (I find this suspicious though. It said 1.2.6 last night and the TXT log on the SD says update failed)
RC: 1.3.20

Well, i got a good three hours to work on her again tonight. No joy. I've tried everything I can find, new firmwares (all the way up to current) always fail with "device not detected" errors on items 8 and 15. I'm so completely crushed that I won't be able to get my bird fixed before our memorial day vacations. I just don't understand how this happened in the first place. Planned obsolence by DJI? Their forums are littered with identical postings like mine and nobody seems to have figured this out. I can't believe my drone died this way. I guess I'm forced into the purgatory that is DJI support. Wish me luck.

Well, i got a good three hours to work on her again tonight. No joy. I've tried everything I can find, new firmwares (all the way up to current) always fail with "device not detected" errors on items 8 and 15. I'm so completely crushed that I won't be able to get my bird fixed before our memorial day vacations. I just don't understand how this happened in the first place. Planned obsolence by DJI? Their forums are littered with identical postings like mine and nobody seems to have figured this out. I can't believe my drone died this way. I guess I'm forced into the purgatory that is DJI support. Wish me luck.
Well, that's really annoying. I hope they manage to help. Please let us know how you get on.

Reactions: SilverStone641
Found this post about repairing controller,,,,says hold in c1 and c2 buttons and camera shutter button at same time and turn rc off while holding buttons in,,,still will buttons in turn rc back on and it should make different beep noise,,,,,,,,,,that's all it said ,,I presume normal start up procedure after that,,,,

You'd need four hands for that lot!

You'd need four hands for that lot!
14957960310941214793268.jpg
and 2 feet ha.sorry for incorrect post I will delete this what I was trying to write of top of head,should have just posted,was going through no transmission signal poststrength looking for ideas

Reactions: SilverStone641
When your initial update failed maybe you should have refformatted the sd card and restarted the bird and let it run for a while or until that alarm sound goes and it should update sucessfully.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20