No Signal (live view)

Reaction score
I've looked around and found several have had the same issue, looks like it's hardware related since it happened to me out of the blue. No crashes, rough handling, worked fine yesterday, didn't do a thing but charge the battery over the last hundred flights.

Everything works, drone will fly and camera will take pictures, just can't get a live feed.

Trying to update tablet (ipad 2 mini) and drone software, but I'm worried I'm going to have to send it in. What are the chances this happens at the exact same moment they release the P4? Good thing I'm not a conspiracy nut...

Anyway, just throwing this out there in case anyone has any recent insights before I box it up and get a RMA.

I have recently experienced the same problem with my p3p. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Adam Papworth
+61 400 898 815
[email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Vanjo Grale
I haven't found any solutions yet, looks like I'm going to have to send it in. Good thing I kept my V2+ as a backup! Our real estate clients would not be happy otherwise.

There are fixes for that in here. Might not be the same as you.
The app by default records a local copy. Clear that cache.

I would think the USB plug that goes from your RC to your tablet/phone is broke. Those things are delicate and a lot of plugging/unplugging of the cord can cause it to degrade over time.

EDIT: If this is the problem, you can buy the HDMI module to replace the stock one that's in there. Or buy a new RC for $400.

Last edited:
Reactions: RadRich
Does it save a cached version when you video/photo? Optional.
Try clearing the cache and toggle don't cache in the future.

Sure you dont have camera adjusted to a setting so dark it appears that screen is blank?

Reactions: Trackman1
Mine was the same.....no live feed and said gimbal disconnected. I took the SD card out and it worked.....put the same SD card back in without doing anything to it and it worked.....weird!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's now day to day - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Have swapped cords, cards, etc, doesn't make a difference when it's not working. Pretty sure that means it's a hardware problem - I installed the newest firmware when I got the P3P last fall, and have not updated since, nor have I let the Ipad update - I was happy with the system performance, and didn't want to risk the bugs I've read about from updating - and everything worked great until last week.

It worked yesterday until I got a low voltage warning, brought the drone back, swapped out batteries... and then it didn't work. Started it up today to take listing photos at the same time I got my old P2V+ ready in case it didn't work... and it worked fine. I'm about to go take more listing pics this afternoon... and I bet it doesn't work!

Everything is functional, can see camera settings, storage, etc, just no live view when it randomly decides to not work. So far it's always been at startup - have not had it go out during a flight. I'm guessing something is not initializing properly.

Try uninstalling the go app. Reboot. Then reinstall.
Make sure to check settings after reinstall.

My P3P purchased through the DJI website that experience the no live view has been sent from Perth Western Australia to EE Hobbies in Melbourne for repair, DJI online and EE Hobbies (Australias Registered Repairer) have been helpful and i am waiting to see what happens?

In the meantime we purchased another P3P in person at WA DJI store Elk Fish Robotics in Fremantle. Had a problem with the RC, Francis King at Elk Fish Robotics was extremely helpful and fixed the situation on the spot replacing the RC and making sure everything worked.

Have you tried changing devices to isolate the faulty item? Maybe try a colleague's phone or a different iPad?

Then you will know where the issues lies - with the device or with the remote.

I spent a very frustrating three weeks trying to isolate the issue, to no avail. Many thanks for the many processes helpful people put forward, DJI followed through many processes over the phone with me, tried multiple devices etc but no joy.

It was never an intermittent issue with my P3P it just happened, hopefully it will be sent back with issue fixed.

I had this problem with mine but it also struggled to complete firmware upgrades failing when detect a certain component. It went back to DJI and was repaired and has worked flawlessly since.

To identify the component I looked at the logs in the hidden folder on the SD Card and it was clearly shown. Might be worth a look.

I've looked around and found several have had the same issue, looks like it's hardware related since it happened to me out of the blue. No crashes, rough handling, worked fine yesterday, didn't do a thing but charge the battery over the last hundred flights.

Everything works, drone will fly and camera will take pictures, just can't get a live feed.

Trying to update tablet (ipad 2 mini) and drone software, but I'm worried I'm going to have to send it in. What are the chances this happens at the exact same moment they release the P4? Good thing I'm not a conspiracy nut...

Anyway, just throwing this out there in case anyone has any recent insights before I box it up and get a RMA.
Funny... this just happened to me yesterday. I know what the problem is in my case. My Phantom has the most recent firmware. My controller has the most recent firmware as well. Yesterday I uninstalled the Android DJI GO app. Then I installed an older version of the DJI GO app (the version from January 2016).

I did this so that I could show a fellow pilot user that by doing this one could then use 3rd party intelligent batteries. DJI had killed that option in the latest DJI GO app.

Everything works perfectly except that every 2 mins or so the FPV will go into no signal.

So I wonder if your problem is a conflict between the controller firmware, Phantom firmware and the DJI GO app?

I'm trying to update to latest firmware, and it's having a problem. I think maybe it's detecting hardware fault.

I had this problem with mine but it also struggled to complete firmware upgrades failing when detect a certain component. It went back to DJI and was repaired and has worked flawlessly since.

To identify the component I looked at the logs in the hidden folder on the SD Card and it was clearly shown. Might be worth a look.

Thanks for posting this - makes me believe it's a hardware problem since mine is doing the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers