No signal - healthy p3p now bricked

Reaction score
My P3P has been great. It's not had a load of flying but the last time I took it out it was perfect.

Packed it in the backpack and then brought it out a couple of weeks later.

DJI Go app had updated automatically via my iPad Air 2 (but the drone etc were still running firmware from late last year and was flying fine - so no desire to update) and when I turned the Phantom on it all booted up as normal but I didn't get any video.

Moneyed around, updated firmware, downgraded tx firmware, checked cables and it's the same. I've got battery voltage and it's connected but no video signal.

So it now needs to go back for a warranty repair.

Very annoying as effectively something 'happened' to it in the case or the Go app bricked it.

I am pretty sure you have to update all the firmware for the RC and the bird itself once you updated the Go app. Maybe try downgrade the app to the previous version ?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree with the above statement recommending to update the firmware. Update the bird, the transmitter, and the batteries and video feed you will likely see. Why is everyone so scared to update their software?

Auto updates are on both my iPad and iPhone so I was stuck with the new Go app; I then updated the RC and tried to update the P3P but it decided after that that it no longer wanted to allow the firmware to update on the Phantom. I tried the latest (1.8) and the previous and nothing worked. Just got the continuous buzz after maybe a minute. Red flashing light on the camera.

I tried different batteries, different SD cards (that all work perfectly), RC off, RC updated, RC downgraded.

Do you have to sequentially update the firmware...ie. if 1.8 is out and I'm on 1.4, do I have to go 1.5, 1.7 then 1.8 or can I simply just update to any of them (this is on the Phantom).

Yes I believe you do have to sequentially update the firmware. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

Do you have to sequentially update the firmware...ie. if 1.8 is out and I'm on 1.4, do I have to go 1.5, 1.7 then 1.8 or can I simply just update to any of them (this is on the Phantom).
As you are already on 1.4 for AC, You can go straight to 1.8.80 on AC and update RC to 1.6.0

AC update will need SD card whereas RC can be updated directly from DJI go app if Internet is kept on.

The P3P constantly fails to update now.

The RC was on 1.4 and I updated the RC to 1.6 then rolled it back 1.5 something. I'm re-updating the RC at I type this and am trying 1.8 one last time after that on the Phantom.

DJI Go says 'Camera requires upgrade' but I cannot do that if the P3P doesn't wish to update.

This is what I get when I try to update:

========== 2016.05.03 11:33:17 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

I'm not getting the 'Camera requires upgrade' message now and the camera did go limp whilst I was beeping away but after about 4-5 minutes it just gives me the long, no stop buzz and says Result: failed.

RC is definitely on 1.6 as I just re-upgraded it back to 1.6

The store said 6 weeks turn around for warranty stuff from DJI (he said they are very slow) plus the shipping time...lets call it 7 weeks minimum...I can't say I'm a very happy camper atm. Plus that is ~1/6 of my warranty period gone waiting for it to be repaired.

I could understand if I'd crashed it. I feel that some change with the Go app has caused the issues as there are a few posts out there about the same thing happening but no resolution apart from sending it in for a replacement.

I just wish I bought it locally now and didn't need to box it up and pay $50 or $60 shipping (I need insurance for my $2k plastic paperweight) each way to have to fixed.

Just reading various posts over the past couple months, you could try to roll back firmware one step...if 1.7, use 1.6. Reformat sd card and try next step up firmware. Or you could reformat sd card and put current version of firmware on. See if it may load that, followed by next step up firmware.

You may have tried some of this but I didn't read where you may have tried to reformat sd card. Worth a try to see if it saves you shipping and the wait time to get it back.

This is what I get when I try to update:

========== 2016.05.03 11:33:17 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

I'm not getting the 'Camera requires upgrade' message now and the camera did go limp whilst I was beeping away but after about 4-5 minutes it just gives me the long, no stop buzz and says Result: failed.

RC is definitely on 1.6 as I just re-upgraded it back to 1.6
It appears you didn't complete FW update and camera was not updated. Did you wait to see gimbal led solid green?

Try to downgrade and upgrade again. Use clean SF card every time.

My P3P has been great. It's not had a load of flying but the last time I took it out it was perfect.

Packed it in the backpack and then brought it out a couple of weeks later.

DJI Go app had updated automatically via my iPad Air 2 (but the drone etc were still running firmware from late last year and was flying fine - so no desire to update) and when I turned the Phantom on it all booted up as normal but I didn't get any video.

Moneyed around, updated firmware, downgraded tx firmware, checked cables and it's the same. I've got battery voltage and it's connected but no video signal.

So it now needs to go back for a warranty repair.

Very annoying as effectively something 'happened' to it in the case or the Go app bricked it.
I got a P3P, updated RC then Phantom, i turned the phantom off too early & got the same buzzzzzz after 1 minute & continuous fails on the update for craft, tried downgrading FW for RC & craft & no luck, fortunately i had only had it a few days & exchanged @ BB hassle free. Sorry to say, i tried everything but my craft was bricked, it appears the same thing happened to you.

I've used 3 different SD cards that all worked perfectly with the Phantom. I formatted one (FAT32) and tried again...to no avail.

How can I downgrade the firmware?

I've tried 1.3, 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 and none will install.

Is there a proper downgrade option?

Any firmware attempt beeps like normal for a bit and then it just starts making a solid, non stop beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep sound until you eventually just turn it off (red light solid on camera).

Another reason why I never update, thanks for the confirmation

I agree; I've not really wanted to update (apart from the firmware that gave me orbit etc) as I don't want any hassles. I just want to go and fly the thing. Everything was as it was with the older orbit firmware apart from the Go app. I use my daughter's iPad and it was set to auto update.

Everything always worked perfectly (never an issue) with the old firmware...at least it did anyway...

Another reason why I never update, thanks for the confirmation

I agree; I've not really wanted to update (apart from the firmware that gave me orbit etc) as I don't want any hassles. I just want to go and fly the thing. Everything was as it was with the older orbit firmware apart from the Go app. I use my daughter's iPad and it was set to auto update.

Everything always worked perfectly (never an issue) with the old firmware...at least it did anyway...

I kind of baffled? Where in settings on the iPad does it allow the iPad to auto update?, mine has never updated automatically.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers