No Signal getting really annoying

Reaction score
For the past couple of days I'm getting a red No Signal warning at random times. I always retain control but just lose live video getting a blank screen. It can come and go randomly before taking off and when flying. There is no correlation with anything , ie videoing or not, distance from controller, surroundings etc. and I have tried various changes in settings with no improvement. Is it a problem with the bird, controller, DJI GO app or my iPad air2? I have installed the most upto date versions of everything. Also why has it just started after a couple weeks without a problem and is anyone else experiencing a similar problem? Should I just hope the new firmware update supposedly coming tomorrow solves the problem? Thanks to all and enjoy the holiday weekend.

Hello,
I just came in to seek assistance about the exact same problem and saw your post. I only just received the P3 yesterday from, what I thought, was a great deal on eBay. Guy I bought from flew it only once - I believe it because of none of the additional props even are opened and only one battery shows that it was charged a single time. Said his friend crashed one into a tree and he just is too inexperienced to continue flying at the risk of such a loss? Anyway, today I took it out to the Guilford CT seaside to film some Ospreys. No obstructions, no electrical interference, nothing; just salt marsh. I got so frustrated with the loss of video that I just put the P3 away spent the rest of today flying my other UAVs without issue: Phantom 2 Vision, Phantom 2 Vision+ & Yuneec Typhoon, no video problems at all. Ther'e all modded and I get great distance & video. It seems to me the USB port on the controller of the P3 might be loose and giving me a poor connection; I tried several USB cords all with the same result. Idk, but so far my experience with the P3 is that is sucks. Flies & records okay but you can''t see what your recording! I The Lightbridge intimidates me. Idk if it can be modded as simply as the earlier versions? I did get a great deal on the P3 bundle and really would like to see it meet the hype. Anyway, If anyone has any advice or suggestions before I return it please reply. Any & all feedback is welcomed, Thank you for allowing me to post.

Hello,
I got so frustrated with the loss of video IDK, but so far my experience with the P3 is that is sucks.
The Lightbridge intimidates me. IDK if it can be modded as simply as the earlier versions?
I did get a great deal on the P3 bundle and really would like to see it meet the hype.
Anyway, If anyone has any advice or suggestions before I return it please reply. Any & all feedback is welcomed.
We don't know what tablet you were using. That could be a factor as not all devices are equal and some aren't up to the task of running the app.
If you are on Android, rolling back Google Play Services often fixes things.
Here's a description of how to do it.
Android DJI GO app - Thoughts and Findings | DJI Inspire Forum

The P3's Lightbridge isn't something to be intimidated by.
It's the greatest thing about the P3 and flying with anything less is a big disappointment now.
Get yours working and you'll quickly see that the P3 more than matches the hype.

We don't know what tablet you were using. That could be a factor as not all devices are equal and some aren't up to the task of running the app.
If you are on Android, rolling back Google Play Services often fixes things.
Here's a description of how to do it.
Android DJI GO app - Thoughts and Findings | DJI Inspire Forum

The P3's Lightbridge isn't something to be intimidated by.
It's the greatest thing about the P3 and flying with anything less is a big disappointment now.
Get yours working and you'll quickly see that the P3 more than matches the hype.
Thanks but I tried all that and even bought a new Nexus 9 because it is on the list of acceptable Androids. Prior I tried my Samsung T550 and my LG G3 phone. Same result. Plus it will not allow me to enable IOC mode; when I slide the button over it just slides back!?! So I'm not even able to bring drone home in emergency! This drone sucks. See attached photo of 'in work' section of workshop; not my 1st drone. Several I get 2 mile flight & video range. I'm still interested in any help, feedback or comments before I return it. I got a great deal on this and really want it to work. Thanks.

Attachments

• Workshop.jpg
    Workshop.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 351
Try selecting a custom channel.
Always restart your device before going out to the field.
Try rebinding your device with your bird (it's in the Go App).

I've had the same deal a number of times through the various firmware updates and have always been able to fix it with custom channels or other settings.

Hello,
I did not even give the RTH a try. The way this thing is acting I'm scared to death even to fly it now, Idk what it might do? And if I damage it I'm out the $ because I won't be able to return it. I tried all my other Phantoms, and Typhoon in the same areas an they work perfectly. When I first received the P3 I installed the GO app and enabled the IOC - and it worked, I tested it. Not with the RTH button but by the traditional method of using the switch on the side then pulling back on the stick, drone came straight back to me from any direction. After all the trouble I had losing video (I flew 3 batteries and during that entire time did not have one decent flight) I uninstalled the GO app then reinstalled it. When I went to set the parameters and enable IOC that's when it wouldn't let me? The IOC turned green and slide over but as soon as I let go it slide back and grayed out? I tried on 3 devices and all do the same thing - multiple times. I'm so frustrated now that it spoiled the entire weekend. Not only did I buy the drone package but the gimbal fix, bottom plate, 4 bay charger et. al., for it and now I'm going to have to return all that stuff as well. Plus, I really believed the hype - that this was going to be the 1st drone I really could use 'out of the box', viz., no mods for decent distance or reception. Right now I'm going to try once more to reinstall the GO app, I might even buy the 3rd party app and give that a try; I have it for the P2 but that version isn't compatible with the P3. I am still requesting help or suggestions; I truly want to find out all this trouble was all user error and I have a great UAV with the P3. I had been looking for months for a deal I could afford then fortune smiled upon me (I thought). Anyway, help, suggestions recommendations all are encouraged & welcome. I just updated the UAV firmware to the latest version. RC says it needs update but won't take through either GO app or microSD? The IOC issue now is intermittent, on then off. My luck it'll be off when I need it! If I can't get this thing right today, without opening it up, it's going back and I'm going with what was my 1st choice anyway - SOLO. It's just the deal I got on a P3 bundle with less than 20 minutes use was just too good to pass up. Anyway, hope everyone else has a great day of flying.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4