"No signal " every flight

Reaction score
I am using the latest firmware and on an iPad mini 2. Every flight results in random "No Signal ". Sometimes I can fly for 5 minutes, other times less than 2 min. I can still control the PH3 with the remote but all info to the app is n/a... Including the battery. I have to turn the drone off and then back on a few times to get it to get a signal again. Then it will give me the green "safe to fly GPS" and off I go. And again I will get 1 to 7 min of flight before I lose signal again. I have three batteries and it seems to get worse the longer I am flying. Really frustrating to loose the app mid flight. Any suggestions? Thanks.... New PH3 owner.

Forgot to add that the distance doesn't seem to matter....ramdomly consistant problem.... and this issue is Every flight.... Have tried different locations and am even in a different state this time... Still having the issue.

Try using a different cable between the controller and the tablet. I had the same issue: turned out that the cable I used was having a bad connection.

Thanks for the tip.. I am on my second cable and no change.

For what it's worth (and I can't find the source and do not necessarily share this view), I read about this issue on another forum and someone remarked that it is a good idea to turn wifi off on any monitoring device due to potential interference. Like I said, I have no specific info about whether this is realistic or possible ... perhaps someone with more knowledge of the specifics can weigh in on this point. I certainly would like to know about the idea that wifi could interfere with flight control.

I will try turning off the wifi on my phone and ipad next time.... I usually have my phone set as a hotspot so that my iPad mini 2 has Internet access. Thanks.

Reactions: mtnmaddman
Turn on airplane mode, Also check your channels on the app. Sometimes I have dancing red lines across the board, This is insane, we were downgraded from 32 channels to 8 a 75% percent downgrade also the app stutters and freezes to no signal when the loss becomes to much wont reset when signal re acquired. Some one is trying to tell dji to get there pocket book out and buy some more channels.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl