No Signal/Connection

Reaction score
Phantom 3 Standard owner.

Drone has been working perfectly fine for a few flights. But now my controller cannot seem to connect properly.

There is a "Disconnected" grey status on the camera view, and I get no camera/video image. It also tells me the Radio Channel Quality is poor. Please see uploaded photos.

Initially I thought it was firmware, so I updated to latest firmware. Didn't work.

Weird thing is, it sometimes intermittently connects for a few seconds and if I am quick, I can actually take off and fly the drone. The connection and camera will cut off whilst I'm flying, but I am still able to fly the drone.

What is going on? How can I fix this?

I've seen a few threads on similar issues but can't find an answer. It's very frustrating how many bugs/issues there seem to be with this drone!

Attachments

• 14233321_10101461748618085_236817098_o copy.jpg
    14233321_10101461748618085_236817098_o copy.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 421
  • 14233426_10101461748643035_418635403_o copy 2.jpg
    14233426_10101461748643035_418635403_o copy 2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 379
Are you flying in a new area? It says "strong interference". That usually means there's a lot of strong radio signals in the immediate area. I would take my P3S somewhere where it's open, no houses, no towers, etc., and try again. If it works fine, then return to the troublesome spot and try again. If it repeats the problem then, you'll know it's the location and not your AC or RC.

I don't think it's that reason I'm afraid. It usually works at these locations. Additionally, the camera image is usually completely fine when I turn everything on in my apartment. For some reason it isn't anymore.

I think I read in some of these threads that there is way to reset the drone and reconnect the controller. Would this help and how do I do it?

I have already tried reinstalling the app.

Hi, I have a P3S that gave me similar grief with me believing that I had made the wrong choice. I ended up reading the manual a thousand times, trawled through this forum and after checking that it was not a FW issue, no issues with the connectivity of the drone/RC ended up with some basic rules.
Make sure the switches on the RC are in the correct position, turn on the RC, then the drone and lastly the App in that order. Additionally I found that setting up the unit in my house was a different experience to that outside because of the wifi and other electronic rubbish affecting my signal. Your issue sounds like mine as for the lack of a technical explanation, becomes overwhelmed after 10 or 20 seconds setting up. Other people here will continually remind you that you need be absolutely free from interference and once at a reasonable altitude seems to fly fine. You can chase some threads here about relinking your RC and drone which is very simple to do but from memory that shouldn't need to be done very often. Also try looking at selecting a signal that is free either side from interference and try that one. It's all there in the App.

I have the same issue. tevek's suggestion regarding the order in which to turn on devices is an excellent suggestion.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4