No service

Reaction score
While flying my drone over a lake I lost service can anyone tell me what happens to the drone when service is lost I wasn't out of zone not sure why I lost service I quickly hit return to home and it asked me if I wanted to land on land and I selected yes

Service? Do you mean that you lost signal?
If you lose video signal, the view on your screen freezes but you probably still have radio control signal.
If you lose R/C signal (if fly out of range or drop your controller in a pond) your Phantom will enter Failsafe RTH.
RTH is the most important feature to read and understand.
The manual has two whole pages to explain it.

I will look that up but I was flying it with absolutely no problems I was not out range all of a sudden it said no signal in red on the top of my iPad and the button on my controller that's typically green went red I'm wondering if the drone doesn't just fall from the sky or if it truly tries to find land to land on I still have plenty of battery also The video screen went blank

Do you know if it has a back up locator It landed on the other side of the lake if it landed safely I am going out tomorrow morning by boat to look for it what do you think my chances are the finding it

Do you know if it has a back up locator It landed on the other side of the lake if it landed safely I am going out tomorrow morning by boat to look for it what do you think my chances are the finding it
You must have had the fail safe set to land instead of returning to the Home Point?? Do you know about where it went down??

I will look that up but I was flying it with absolutely no problems I was not out range all of a sudden it said no signal in red on the top of my iPad and the button on my controller that's typically green went red I'm wondering if the drone doesn't just fall from the sky or if it truly tries to find land to land on I still have plenty of battery also The video screen went blank
No ... the Phantom doesn't fall from the sky when/if it loses signal.
It sounds like you lost video signal and that could be for any of a number of reasons.
But you still have complete control signal and could have easily flown home or initiated RTH.

btw .. the Phantom has no way of looking for land to land.
It would just as happily land on water.

RTH is so important you need to read up on it and practice using it including cancelling to resume control.

You have a record of the flight in your tablet. It will show you on the map where it last recieved a signal from the P3.

Also there is a log file in the FlightRecords folder on the tablet. That log give GPS coordinates of the entire flight. You can go to the final coordinate and the P3 will likely be there. Might be 40ft under water. Buts its likely there.

If you upload the last record in that folder on the tablet we can help you get those final coordinates

I was able to pull up video on my iPad so I know a pretty good location on where I lost it I have a feeling it's deep under the lake but I'd like to thank everybody for their help I have had my phantom three for at least a year now and have enjoyed it immensely and will definitely get another one

Reactions: III% Streve
I was able to pull up video on my iPad so I know a pretty good location on where I lost it I have a feeling it's deep under the lake but I'd like to thank everybody for their help I have had my phantom three for at least a year now and have enjoyed it immensely and will definitely get another one
Good luck-- hope you find it;);)

I had the same problem this week. P3 only 130m away. I lost sight of it. The camera view went black and red no signal on the screen. I followed the gps to the end of the flight trail and spent 6 hours searching a large area of land and climbing trees looking for it. I assume it lost but later in the week posted some posters around the area. It was found 180 degrees and about 300m from where the gps said it was. It looks as though it auto landed but missed its return to home point by about 200m. It was a windless cold clear morning. I can only assume that it climbed beyond my sight and flew back over me. My return to home is set to 30m up which I would have seen and heard. It is a mystery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.