No SD card Error, No feedback from Phantom Vision

Reaction score
Vision app shows no SD card connected. I can take pictures with app (straight bars slide in from side, not simulated iris display). Pictures get saved on SD card, both raw and jpeg work ok and camera settings can be changed from app. Pictures will also save using shutter button on camera. Can’t take any video because message says no SD card installed. Tried another card (SanDisk 16G class 10) with same results. Tried various camera settings with app and they seemed to work ok, but camera got stuck in 5 sec. infinity interval setting. It appeared to switch back to single shot and other modes but kept taking pictures at 5 second intervals. Was able to clear 5 sec interval pictures by shutting off and rebooting system. App is not getting back information from Vision but it shows image from camera (says no SD card, 0 pictures left, battery 0%, no satellites, no speed, no altitude, no distance, and no compass or clinometer). Camera will tilt with up/down arrows but does not work with gyro tilt control (I see others have this problem with Android app - firmware update coming). When album on Vision is picked it shows no SD card. I can get pictures from card by putting card into computer.
When I pick settings while connected to network or to Phantom Wi-Fi app crashes with message “Unfortunately, DJI VISION has stopped. Report/OK.)
Vision has latest firmware updates from Vision site as of today (11/7/13).

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 model number GT-N8013, Android Version 4.1.2, Kernel Version 3.0.31-813049, se.infra@SEP-63 #1, SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 25 20:54:30 KST 2013, Build Number JZ054K.N8013UECM13. I have Galaxy mounted on my chest with a GoPro Chesty mount so it is not interfering with antenna.

Problem solved! It was a compatibility problem with Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. Solved it by getting an Ipod 5 to use as a monitor for Phantom, everything now works correctly.

First card came in Phantom (4G), and second card (16G class 10 Sandisk) was already formatted. When I pick settings in opening menu in app (camera, album, news, settings) the app crashes. When I pick album in that menu when connected to Vision it says "NO SDCARD". I could not format through app because it said no SD card installed. To look at pictures I took out cards and put into computer and they all were saved on card. I reformatted second card in computer and tried it again with same results. Both were new cards already formatted. The Vision app shows camera image on tablet and camera controls work but it is not sending any telemetry information (distance, altitude, speed all show "NA") back to tablet. It show battery 0%, no satellites (even though green lights on Vision show GPS mode working and fully charged battery), and no SD card in top right corner of screen. When video is picked from app it says "NO SDCARD" and will not record any video.

I am hoping this is just a software compatibility issue with Samsung Note tablet because camera image and camera controls are being sent to tablet so signal is working ok but all other information from phantom is not being sent. What worries me is I have not seen anyone else report this same problem so it might be a hardware issue, but most may be using Galaxy Note phone and not 10.1 inch tablet.

If anyone is using Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet and it is working ok could you reply? It will help me determine if it is a software or hardware fault. Thanks.

blimey, that is an odd one.
i think id be sidling up to a mate with an iphone and asking them to download the DJI app!

Problem solved! It was a compatibility problem with Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet. Solved it by getting an Ipod Touch 5 to use as a monitor for Phantom, everything now works correctly.

I have exactly same problems, also with the newest Version V1.0.32 of Android App. Must be a software bug, hope it will be fixed soon since I have no iPhone or other device.

I have tried using my Galaxy 10.1 because my new iPhone4s won't download any photos or video. Everything worked except for playing/downloading any video. However I have not tried to fly with it.

AHILL it looked like you might have been flying with your 10.1?? I say that because you mentioned the "chestymount"?? I don't want to fly it using the Galaxy 10.1 unless proven.... So did you get some flight-time with the Galaxy 10.1 AHILL??

Thanks,

Moose

There have been other problems like this.

I had lost all telemetry, satellite info, battery level, and no SD card warning. I am using a Galaxy S3 phone

I found the solution to my problem on the thread shown below.

The solution was so simple. Restart the phone

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7840

Hi,

I hope no one minds me jumping in here.

I am having a similar problem with my newly arrived Phantom Vision and Samsung S3. Tried restarting everything (many times) with no luck.

Most of the time the `Camera` icon is greyed out, a couple of times it has worked but then I just get the `no sim card` message. Nothing else is showing on the app either (when it works), so no info appears to be being recieved from the Phantom.

Phantom only arrived today so not tried flying it yet. When I pick it up the camera the camera moves if you rock the aircraft back and forward so it is always pointing angled down. Not sure if that was happening earlier in the day, but it may have been.

When I press the button on the bottom of the camera it does take a photo.

Any suggestions or ideas on what I can try would be welcome. I don`t have another phone I can try.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Camera mount moving when you rock the aircraft is what it's supposed to do - meant to stabilize things a bit.

There do seem to be a number of Samsung users experiencing issues at the moment. I'm on android too, but not Samsung, and I've never had these SD card errors, etc. I think you, and anyone else with a Sammy who has issues, should file a problem report with DJI via the support section of the website - this will hopefully push them into tracking it down if they get a number of similar reports.

Do you have another iOS or android device to test, just to eliminate the problem being with the range extender or Vision?

I am using a Galaxy Note 3 because of screen brightness and 5.75 screen. I have had no problems with one exception that if I forget to cut off the video before landing and powering off the phantom, the video will not come up in Quick Time. The MP are showing but no way of opening...I guess I should just cut the video off before powering down. Just wondering if this is the phone or just me cutting power and card not saving properly? Also what is best for smoother video 1080 30i or 1080 60i?

No that happens to everyone. If you cut power without the video file "finalising" it's effectively unreadable. However you can fix it by putting the sd card in the camera, powering up the aircraft, leave everything for 30 secs, shut down again. The camera will have fixed the video file but you will lose the last several seconds.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I have a Asus Fonepad 7in tablet and guess what? The dji app is `not compatible` with it, great. Perhaps someone is trying to tell me something.... (;0)

I will contact dji as suggested. Now just need to decide whether to risk flying without a device attached.

Thanks again.

Steve

I am having a similar problem with my Phantom 2 Vision and Samsung tab. 10.1, model GT-P7510 and Android 4.0.4

Follow the instructions below:
1. Delete the installed app via google play.
2. Install it again via google play.
3. RESTART your phone.
Now it should work. This kind of errors may be caused by incorrect exit from app or samsung+android errors. Many users of samsung are reporrting this error.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik