No Satellites

Reaction score
Hi After a heavy crash and a new refit of shell and a couple of minor problems I now have a new one.
Everything seems to be ok, but due to work and weather I could not fully test Phantom 2 vision plus as I wanted to test RTH. Today was perfect and I set up to fly but I found
that I couldnt find any Satellites and there was no info for battery,speed,altitude but I was getting picture back to to my ipod. Went home and I found 2 wires out of the 4 pin plug on the gimbal so I refitted them but found they come out So easy so I refitted them again and put a bit of hot glue to help hold them in [ on outside of plug] did a calibration on remote and checked IMU everything ok, so went for another fly same thing no satellites as the first time had a green lights for home point and ready to fly lights but no info or satellites. Powered up and took up to head height and pulled on the Phantom and she was resisting so because of this and my green lights I no I had satellites but no info back to Ipod took it for a fly not too far a way and not to high and everytime I brought it back I tested for gps hold and it was there due to the resistance when I pulled on the Phantom it want to stay in that holding position. So My question is Am i right in assuming its down to the 3 plugs on the gimbal especially the 4 pin plug to make sure their right to get the info back to my Ipod. Thank for any help in pointing me to the solution Thanks John

Hi on closer inspection I see the 4 pin socket is split and thats why the cables wont stay in. I know I can source them at RS Online its either that or buy the cable but it means I have to open it up again plus there is a awkward fiddley bit which give me bother on refit so as a last resort I would do that. If Iam on the right track would appreciate any advice Thank you

Okay, so in summary you actually DO have satellites. You just don't have the correct reading on your app.

I think yes, as it holds in one place without drifting , but on my app I dont have battery, altitude, speed or satellites and dont have Ready to fly either. But I do have Extender battery life and picture from the camera?
Is there any other way of knowing if you have satellites?

Thanks everyone for your interest but the new 4 pin plug did the trick . Did a 12min flight tonight had 9 satellites and had battery, speed, altitude and picture so everything back to normal. Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1