No satellites

Reaction score
I'm very frustrated - I'm not getting any satellites and have now started backtracking on everything I have done so far to see where I went wrong. I have calibrated the IMU, reset the compass (both a few times) and made sure there's no interference etc. All I can think is that something went wrong when I installed the Phantom upgrade kit (http://youtu.be/EU-9xW3JJ1Y) and then after that the Zenmuse H3-2D and PMU V2 (http://youtu.be/3I9es5y7Mrw). The problem I think is that the second video, for the Zenmuse installation, is done on the standard centre board the Phantom ships with and not on the centre board of the upgrade kit (first video) which is different.

When I power up I get 3 red and 1 green, I know I'm not supposed to try to fly, but out of pure frustration I did, an doll it does is just flip over.

I'm hoping there's someone out there that's had a similar issue or can send me a link of a how-to video for the Zenmuse on the upgraded centre board.

Sounds like the GPS isn't plugged in. Did you install both the pmu and the upgrade board? You can only use one or the other. In the naza software, see if it tells you the correct flight mode. If it won't show the GPS flight mode, something isn't plugged in.

I hope you were flying successfully and comfortably before you did the upgrade?? So you got comfortable with ALL the normal processes???

There could be lots of reasons for a take-off flip-over but perhaps the most common is incorrect PROP placement. I fly my bird LOTS indoors in a huge horseshow arena....no satellites. It flies fine...just in permanent ATTI mode. No satellites will at least take off initially just fine. If you can't get ANY satellite fix outside...ever...then I would think there is a problem with your GPs unit. Again....WAS it functioning normally?

You did some soldering....potential for solder drip or run = short. You put on some new hardware.....potential for a bad board or incorrect connection. You might have magnetic-scrambled the compass....does it re-calibrate correctly?

You might have to completely de-install everything and re-create the original WORKING(???) Phantom. If you can get back there then either you connected something wrong or you have bad-new hardware.

That is how I would approach trying to find the problem. Otherwise can't help you.

netphreak said:
Sounds like the GPS isn't plugged in. Did you install both the pmu and the upgrade board? You can only use one or the other. In the naza software, see if it tells you the correct flight mode. If it won't show the GPS flight mode, something isn't plugged in.

I installed both, yes, that would be the problem... Which one would be the better one to use then - the upgrade board or PMU?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl