No satellites

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum and would like to ask if anyone has had this problem. I bought a phantom 2 with FPV kit video and gimbal zenmuse 3d. In Naza mode with the switch on gps position Phantom 2 is not receiving satellite (there are satellites because I checked with an app on my phone). I see "GPS" on the monitor but zero satellites. I upgraded the software, I redid the calibration but nothing. I also checked the gps module that looks good, no scratches and well connected with its cable. The software assistant sees the gps module because it displays its firmware 6.0.1.4.
thanks, Stefano

It's unusual not to see any at all. Do you get slow green flashing LEDs at all? If so, then that's the sign you have satellite lock and it might be an issue with your iOSD. If you just get flashing yellows then try taking the aircraft to a different location, with as much clear view of the sky as possible. If still nothing then it looks like it's a failed GPS receiver - as you've already checked the connection to the main board and the Assistant can see it then it might be an issue with the GPS antenna.

Thank you. In naza mode I see 1 flash green three red flashes (GPS) 1 yellow flashing three red flashes (ATT) and only three red flashes at MAN. I think it is an antenna problem. I have not tried with an open sky but my phone correctly sees the satellites.
Stefano

How long are you waiting for the Phantom to lock satellites? Sometimes it can take several minutes, and all the red flashes won't go away until it firmly has 7 sats (or more) locked. Even when your phone can "see" satellites while indoors that's not a good indication of what your Phantom will/won't be able to lock.

Once you can test it out with an open sky and give it at least several minutes, you'll have a better sense of whether your GPS has an issue or not.

I have a similar problem. No satellite lock - just yellow lights. I replaced the ceramic antennae on GPS - still nothing. Bought an entire GPS unit - no signal. Do I have to "register" the new receiver or something?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie