No satellites found *solved*. And painted it black.

Reaction score
Pictures after paint on post 7

Just went to fly around today in front of my house where I have flown many times before and it stuck in Atti mode. It's not showing any satellites but flys just fine in Atti mode just a little more difficult to control.

Here is a picture of the pilot app when I switch the remote from A to P

I haven't had any crashes but wondering if there is a plug that could have come unplugged somehow or a setting in the app I might be not seeing. Thanks for any info.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437437136.380342.jpg

Last edited:
Probably because your inside. You need to go outside to get the gps signal strongest

That's strange, other than having it in P mode should be all you need to do. I know you said you fly there all the time but did you try shutting everything down and back on or move to another place to see if that helps.

I was just dumb.... I had taken the top cover to check on what I thought was a crack and forgot to plug the gps receiver back in.....
Back to normal with 11 satellites indoors!!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1437439244.261735.jpg

Reactions: Jbundy63
I've been wanting to paint mine black since I got it. I'm afraid of ripping it apart though. Looks bad *** man.
There are a few that are doing this and the wraps for some dollars.

You can subcontract it out if you don't have time to do the painting or wrapping :D
Lol oh ok. I have plenty of time. I'm off for 7 days at a time :D What I don't have is the balls to rip open a brand new Phantom 3 or void my warranty by getting someone else to do it.

Lol oh ok. I have plenty of time. I'm off for 7 days at a time :D What I don't have is the balls to rip open a brand new Phantom 3 or void my warranty by getting someone else to do it.
I have already had the lid off mine, but after looking at the electronics-- everything has to come out and then go back in-- this will take some time. some very delicate ribbon cables to deal with. You can get it apart in about 20 minutes if you know where the hidden clips are. It would probably take about an hour to take all the electronics and motors out. Another hour or two to mask or protect what you don't want painted -- and say 4 to 8 hours to paint it-- assuming two coats and drying time. The next day-- reassembly-- probably 3 hours to get all the electronics back in and another hour putting the shell and components back together.
Then the moment of truth-- will it fly again-- :rolleyes:and that is what I would sweato_Oo_O
A lot of work -- it I could get it done for a couple of hundred-- I would spend the money and probably will wind up doing just that on Phantom 3 no 2.

I have already had the lid off mine, but after looking at the electronics-- everything has to come out and then go back in-- this will take some time. some very delicate ribbon cables to deal with. You can get it apart in about 20 minutes if you know where the hidden clips are. It would probably take about an hour to take all the electronics and motors out. Another hour or two to mask or protect what you don't want painted -- and say 4 to 8 hours to paint it-- assuming two coats and drying time. The next day-- reassembly-- probably 3 hours to get all the electronics back in and another hour putting the shell and components back together.
Then the moment of truth-- will it fly again-- :rolleyes:and that is what I would sweato_Oo_O
A lot of work -- it I could get it done for a couple of hundred-- I would spend the money and probably will wind up doing just that on Phantom 3 no 2.
Man that sounds like way more work than I had imagined. I thought it would be much easier than what you described Haha. Guess I'll be flying a white phantom

It's an easy thing to use Blue Painters tape to mask off everything. No need to disassemble the whole drone.

I'll be doing mine here soon. Going to dye the props and paint the shell. Not going to remove the camera or gimbal either. I've done this same stuff with other things I own. Plasti-Dip comes in many different colors and if applied thick enough, it will peel off if you decide to go back to the original white later on.

I'll be doing mine here soon. Going to dye the props and paint the shell. Not going to remove the camera or gimbal either. I've done this same stuff with other things I own. Plasti-Dip comes in many different colors and if applied thick enough, it will peel off if you decide to go back to the original white later on.

Could look pretty cool- I wonder if that would add much weight w/ a thick Plasti-Dip skin. (or maybe thick enough to bounce in a crash would be good ;o). I've been reading about hydrographic printing and looking at skins, but just haven't seen the perfect mod for me yet. I look forward to hearing how it goes and to seeing some hot Plasti-Dip skin-pics (wait, which forum is this?)

I used the krylon fusion matte black.

I could have spent more time on it but it turned out pretty nice.

To be honest. *dont cringe*
I removed the camera and gimble. I removed the vision sensor on the bottom and that's about it.
I split the top and bottom and painted separately.
Top was no problem and the bottom all I did was tape off the wires for the vision sensor, camera and motors.
I just put the bottom section with the electronics facing down on a cardboard box and sprayed away. There was a little overspray on the circuit board but it was all on the component side so I wasn't too worried. I'm sure I could have taken a lot more care to protect stuff but I was more concerned with not getting it back together than a little overspray! All in all it looks really good and still flys with no issues.

Hardest part was the 4 pins that come off the circuit board for the vision sensor. Other than that it was about 24 or so screws and splitting the top and bottom was a pain cause it feels like your gonna break it!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20