No Red Light to indicate Battery is running low

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the Phantom and this forum. Everything I've read says you'll get a couple indications that the battery is dying and then it will land itself. Mine gives no indications and the battery just dies. Anything I can check or do I have a defective Phantom?

Punisher said:
Hi guys, new to the Phantom and this forum. Everything I've read says you'll get a couple indications that the battery is dying and then it will land itself. Mine gives no indications and the battery just dies. Anything I can check or do I have a defective Phantom?

you can check the warning levels by plugging it into your computer and checking the settings (I forget the exact settings, but its somewhere in there).
How long did you fly it before it just died?

did you try a 2nd battery to see if it does the same thing?

are you using the stock charger?

I only have 1 battery (Ordered 2 that should be here in a week). I flew it inside for awhile then took it outside and flew for a couple minutes before it died. Scared I was getting no indication I have flown it inside for about ten minutes watching the indicators the whole time when it suddenly loses altitude when the battery dies. Green light blinking the whole time.

have you ever seen your red light up? just curious if maybe the led itself is the problem possibly.

10 minutes is about the max youll get if you fly very easy. so if it wasnt showing up red then, im wondering if you have something defective.

Protection Switch was set to OFF. I have a sneaking suspiscion that was my problem. Heading out to test it now.

Works now but made the mistake of flying when a bit windy. Wanted to take off so I initiated the failsafe which worked perfectly. I love this thing!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31