No "ready to fly" indicator in Naza mode?

Reaction score
I searched everywhere but could not find an answer.

I just updated to 3.12 and the firmware notes say that the flight status indicator is shown on the vision app screen.
In pictures, it shows a Green dot and "Ready to Fly".
However, I don't get that. I get a gray dot with Naza mode shown. I'm assuming that the status indicator doesn't work in Naza mode but I could find no confirmation anywhere.
Another possibility is that I have not updated the range extender firmware but don't want to unless I need to.

Sorry if this is old news but I'm a little behind on my firmware updates.
Thanks

I have not updated, but I remember reading people saying the indicator thingo does not work in NAZA mode, as you have suspected.
It only works in Phantom mode.

I don't know if this was changed in 3.12, but In the previous version it was only phantom mode.

Not sure about the app, I usually just watch the rear LED's, or look at the number of locked satellites in the app, once it reaches 6 you should be ready to fly.

I believe the thinking is that if you're in NAZA mode, you should know when you're ready to fly and the message doesn't matter. In rookie mode, the message might make all the difference.

I don't think that's their thinking at all. I think they just screwed up and didn't enable it in Naza mode. I've been flying in Naza mode for years and would love to see the rear indacator lights or ready to fly status in the app. The lights on the bottom are tough to see when it's on the ground. And yes I know you can see how many sats in the app. But it would be nice to see the lights in the app.
Plus naza mode isn't anymore difficult to fly than phantom mode. if you buy any othe dji naza product like the 450 flame wheel , the naza doesn't have a different mode.

cahutch said:
IAnother possibility is that I have not updated the range extender firmware but don't want to unless I need to.

This is the first I have heard of range extender firmware and being able to update it. How do you do that and where can it be found?

cahutch said:
BlackTracer said:
This is the first I have heard of range extender firmware and being able to update it. How do you do that and where can it be found?
In the vision app under the settings menu.

You lost me. There is a range extender section there but it is for binding and renaming the ssid. I am running the android version 1.0.54.

Gotcha bro. I am not running the latest app version even. So maybe it's in the latest android version. I didn't know there was a newer version for the RE. Maybe there isn't but the capability to do it comes first? Typical DJI putting the cart before the horse. Remember the data recorder and reader that they never finished but released?

There was an update which fixes it so you can connect to the Wifi and still get data over the cellular network.
I solved that already by setting a static IP with no default gateway.

Does this work for android? Last I heard/read, this only worked on iphones.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20