No picture

Reaction score
GoPro Black 3+ on a H3-2D gimbal. FPV hub with ios-d mini and Boscam TS832 TX with a 3 bladed skew planar antenna. I have power to the transmitter. I removed the red wire from the video side of the plug on the TX and the black camera ground to the brown wire of the hub plug and the yellow video in to the yellow wire of the hub plug. I am using a RX-LCD5802 monitor with a dual diversity receiver. I have a 4 bladed cloverleaf antenna on the A mount and the standard black whip antenna on the B mount.

GoPro is on in NTSC mode, channel on TX is set to 34. I have tried setting the receiver to C-4 on A, B and letting it search in diversity mode. The monitor settles in with a non-static black screen at C-4 every time, but there is no picture and no telemetry data. If I walk away and lose direct line of sight with the TX it does make the screen start to jump and get static.

Any suggestions on easy fixes I should try before opening the case and skipping the hub to see if direct wiring fixes the problem?

I thought the DJI FPV hub was only supposed to be used with the AVL58 transmitter? I did some quick googling but I can't find a wiring diagram of exactly which cables in that colored ribbon cable do what so I can't verify if you make the right connections.

If you're running a Boscam transmitter and patching cables anyway, this video might help you. The video is specifically with an ImmersionRC transmitter so it doesn't line up PRECISELY with your setup, but its pretty darn close

personally I would remove all the DJI FPV hub equipment and install just like that video... I personally used it setting up 2 Phantoms with Boscam transmitters, one with a 2D and one with a 3D gimbal. The gimbal feed (grey ribbon cable) goes into the main board, then there's a 2-pair multicolor ribbon cable that also comes off the main board which carries power(and ground) and video(and ground). out of the box that cable comes down a leg and is taped to the bottom.
ai26327655-187-thumb-Phantom2-8.jpg

Power and ground are easy - in that cable red/brown are power/ground so you just patch that into the power and ground on the cable that goes into the TS832. Since you're putting in an iOSD mini, you take the yellow/brown pair (video/ground) and patch that into the yellow/brown pair from the ribbon cable that came with the iOSD mini. The only pair left is the orange/brown cable on the iOSD mini ribbon - orange goes to the video in (yellow I believe) on the TS832 cable, and brown is it's corresponding ground (black I believe)

From what you described the wiring between the hub and the Tx sounds correct, assuming you're also feeding power to the Tx.

Check to make sure that the tiny iOSD switch on the hub is in the correct position, and that the camera itself is outputting video.

Thanks guys. I ran a smaller KumbCam setup through the hub wired up the same as I described and got decent reception out to 700m with some Fat Shark antennas. In the middle of my last non-line of sight flight I lost video feed and had to turn the RC off just to get the copter to come home, since I had no clue where it was. What a beautiful sound to hear that familiar buzz and the first time I had ever tried to recover it using that method. The adapter for the antenna had vibrated loose and the whole thing fell off in flight. Never got video after that and assumed I fried the TX. since the Kumba setup was a cheap way to decide if FPV was worth the money I went with the more recognized equipment and the Immersion equipment wasn't available where I normally shop. I was only using the hub because I bought it before reading a post about why it wasn't necessary, but it is convenient. I will verify I'm getting video out before cracking the case and then bite the bullet and go internal.

Update: This is a lesson for everyone who swears they have checked everything. I was still reluctant to rewire internally. The hub had worked so well. OI Photography made just the right statement about checking the switch on the mini. I flipped it to video and sure enough got a picture on the monitor. Then I began tracing every external connection to make sure they were plugged in and seated. Sure enough the plug into the Can bus wasn't seated. Flipped back to iosd on the hub and video plus telemetry are coming through just fine.

Glad you got it sorted.

I had a similar issue (or at least I thought I did).

I could see the iOSD display on the screen but not the video, after hours of head scratching I realised I didn't have to Gopro turned on :shock:

Original poster said:
I could see the iOSD display on the screen but not the video, after hours of head scratching I realised I didn't have to Gopro turned on :shock:

I did the exact same thing the first time I installed FPV on a Phantom lol. I even went back and re-soldered 2 cables I thought weren't good before finally realizing I just needed to turn the gopro on.
next up: lens caps haha

What tiny switch on the iosd are you talking about? I have the OSD being transmitted but no video. I have the iosd mini, does it have a switch?

ussvertigo said:
What tiny switch on the iosd are you talking about? I have the OSD being transmitted but no video. I have the iosd mini, does it have a switch?

No, the switch we were talking about is on the FPV Hub, it shunts the video feed through the iOSD mini (or not, depending on the switch position).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost