No p3p sound?

Reaction score
hi guys - waiting on my batterys and remote to charge and firmware updates (man there's a lot to do before flying) so i'm killing time. i see some posts that p3 doesn't record sound? is that true?

No, it doesn't record sound.
If it did you would only hear the constant drone of the motors and props - any other ambient sound is overwhelmed by that unpleasant noise.

oh yeah, guess that makes sense. thanks!
I use a gopro camera on my Phantom....earlier model. I like the fact that it records sound. When doing any testing when flying and hearing the motor sounds helps. I think they all should have sound. If the prop sound bothers you while editing, it can always be removed.

I use a gopro camera on my Phantom....earlier model. I like the fact that it records sound. When doing any testing when flying and hearing the motor sounds helps. I think they all should have sound. If the prop sound bothers you while editing, it can always be removed.
Yeah, I had an Uncle who would never let up play the radio - he always had to hear the sound of his engine, just in case...

Yeah, I had an Uncle who would never let up play the radio - he always had to hear the sound of his engine, just in case...

That is extreme....my ex father-in-law had a Chevy with a Powerglide 2-speed tranny. He insisted it was a 3-speed. He was a farm mechanic but was wrong about his tranny.

That is extreme....my ex father-in-law had a Chevy with a Powerglide 2-speed tranny. He insisted it was a 3-speed. He was a farm mechanic but was wrong about his tranny.
Funny, my Uncle was an old farmer/rancher as well. He put far more miles on a tractor in his life than he did any car or truck.
Getting off topic, but each time I fly one of my Go-Pro haulin' drones and hear the motors on the video, it just reminds me of Uncle Boyd.

[Qdon't E="GoodnNuff, post: 722881, member: 2337"]Yeah, I had an Uncle who would never let up play the radio - he always had to hear the sound of his engine, just in case...[/QUOTE]
I dont know why they have no sound. It couldn't be a cost issue. Sure while flying, it may not be of much use, but to have it record sounds of people etc prior to and after flight could be a plus. I have videos of us chatting prior to a flight and as we approach it landing and talking . It adds to the video. Why have to carry a separate recorder and edit the sound tracks in just for that. Not everyone wants to add music etc to their flight video.

There are plenty of drones that use a Go-Pro if sound is important to you. I have both a GoPro 3 and 4 and fly them on my Phantom 1, Solo, Iris+ and 350QX - I always turn the sound recording off. My phone records quite well if I ever want to record the chatter as I approach the drone.

But back to the OP, Nope, no sound recording on the Phantoms unless they use a GoPro as their camera source.

What editor with Phantom? I know nothing about that
It talks about it on the DJI site:

Easy Video Editor
Create professional-looking movies in minutes using the DJI Director video editor. With a wide variety of pre-designed templates, it’s easy to pick one that suits you best and make a new video to share.

Phantom 3 Professional – DJI GO | DJI

Think I read elsewhere it has some generic music to add for a sound track.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.