NO, not ANY discussion about Vision v1.0.50?! Really? Really

Reaction score
I registered here because I'm laughing right now at the -total- lack of discussion about the 1.0.50 update to Vision 2+

Not ONE person knows how to fly this quad? Not ONE person knows when they have just been shut down via software and pressure by a government agency? Let me help you 'phatnompilots' AKA flying sheeple

1) Your little UAV just became a toy. 600 foot hard coded altitude restriction, 1,600 ft. max horizontal distance restriction. They also claim 5km total flight distance restriction but you'd never reach it because you have the 500m restrict (1600ft) mentioned before.

2) You now have an autonomous UAV, a 'true' drone. That can fly waypoints you mark based on GPS, and can also mark altitude. However... this toy has the restrictions mentioned in 1, So -awesome- autonmous flight model if you can keep it under 200M vertical and 500M horizontal from the base station/ RTH point. Did I mention, toy?

I just registered here to talk about this even though I'm a veteran UAV / Phantom flyer. Not ONE person commenting on this absurd restriction introduced if you update to 1.0.50? Confused....

Re: NO, not ANY discussion about Vision v1.0.50?! Really? Re

How about a link to all this?

Look harder, you'll find it discussed here. Don't know what or who your info comes from, but it sucks.

Yes, you are right JWarren, my info SUCKS! Except well, umm---

What's New

Version 1.0.50:

Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision+ support Ground station.

1640 feet (500 m) horizontal flight radius based on HOME point, 656 feet (200 m) altitude restriction.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... dji.vision

Just stop please. Like most phantom pilot who've never flown UAVs or multirotors you are sort of a stupid, no offense. But what I have found is that as prices have come WAY down and technology has gone WAY up, we have many stupids now in the hobby.

Every week a new stupid appears and does dangerous stuff that will get all 'drones' (LOL!) banned from US airspace. Try not to be a stupid please. Thank you sir!

DCQuadrotor said:
1) Your little UAV just became a toy. 600 foot hard coded altitude restriction, 1,600 ft. max horizontal distance restriction. They also claim 5km total flight distance restriction but you'd never reach it because you have the 500m restrict (1600ft) mentioned before.

That's precisely why my next purchase (and all other future purchases) will not go to DJI, assuming that there's a competing product released that meets my needs at a halfway reasonable price. I don't believe in rewarding companies for making artificially gimped products.

That's also why I won't update my app or my firmware as well.

Might I suggest that you also do as I did, and submit a 1 star rating in the Google Play store, telling them why you disapprove of their artificial and arbitrary restrictions?

CRankin said:
Might I suggest that you also do as I did, and submit a 1 star rating in the Google Play store, telling them why you disapprove of their artificial and arbitrary restrictions?
You appear to be drinking the KoolAid. Try reading closely what is written on the Google Play "What's New" statement ...

The flight radius and altitude restrictions apply only to Ground Station!

This has been discussed before. Apparently the new fellow didn't read very closely, either. Or maybe he's just trolling.

Hope that helps.

Werz said:
Or maybe he's just trolling.

He does seem like a trouble maker. Don't know enough myself to comment further but, his condescending 'tone' and general attitude seems to be very negative.

Some people never fail to amaze me...he is entitled to his opinion but then again we are to...Please take your negativity and unwarranted opinions elsewhere or at least have the decency to refrain from making your self look foolish in the process...we are sheeple? Why beacuse we chose a platform that does everything any other custom built UAV does for less money and a 20-25 flight time compared to 7-15 minutes and hours of frustration....keep trying my friend you'll talk yourself into buying one of the best UAVs on the market and sell your other highpriced, overvalued, featurelacking, "nontoys" :) Now can I get a +1?

DCQuadrotor said:
Every week a new stupid appears and does dangerous stuff that will get all 'drones' (LOL!) banned from US airspace.
I've got the feeling from your post (no offense) that you are an excellent example of such! The major problem with your posts that I see is that you are not telling us anything we don't know already, and you are alluding to 1.05. Would you care to elaborate on what you can do with 1.05 (without mentioning distances) that folks with later versions (at least up to 3.0) cannot? Oh and btw, you might not want to be quite so abrasive.

All offence intended but you are thicker than the people you are currently accusing of being thick. Well done.

I really can't be bothered to explain why (trolls will just troll) but a little reading should help you figure it out ;)

Definition of toy:

an object for a child to play with, typically a model or miniature replica of something.

"a toy car"

Lol. Quite like this. Yes my phantom is a toy, yes, I'm a child (most of us never really grow up). I'm happy with that definition. Unless you fly full sized drones then I guess even your big expensive 'real drone' is, wait for it...... A toy.

Ive been dying to use this one all week ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-19-11-26-41.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-19-11-26-41.png
    514.2 KB · Views: 374

DCQuadrotor said:
I registered here because I'm laughing right now at the -total- lack of discussion about the 1.0.50 update to Vision 2+

Not ONE person knows how to fly this quad? Not ONE person knows when they have just been shut down via software and pressure by a government agency? Let me help you 'phatnompilots' AKA flying sheeple

2) You now have an autonomous UAV, a 'true' drone. That can fly waypoints you mark based on GPS, and can also mark altitude. However... this toy has the restrictions mentioned in 1, So -awesome- autonmous flight model if you can keep it under 200M vertical and 500M horizontal from the base station/ RTH point. Did I mention, toy?

I just registered here to talk about this even though I'm a veteran UAV / Phantom flyer. Not ONE person commenting on this absurd restriction introduced if you update to 1.0.50? Confused....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20