Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

No no fly zones

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phantomi, Oct 9, 2014.

1. phantomi

Hi. Here in PR there are no category B or A fly zones, although we have one of the busiest airport of the Caribbean. Is this matter of time that soon it will be listed, or how is this?

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

The DJI list is very patchy and leaves out many busy airports all over the world.

3. N017RW

Do you live nearby?

You could go there and try it.

4. Suwaneeguy

The no fly zones established by the US FAA does not apply to other countries.
    DJI though, took that ruling and applied it to their firmware.
    Then used it around the world. Which is wrong as each country has their own laws concerning no fly zones.
    When I use ground station and set waypoints near a listed airport, I get a nice little box that reminds me.

5. N017RW

I don't think it's a US centric or mandated implemenattion.

It was publicized back in April that the current no-fly zones or Geofences were born of the Chinese Govt. imposing restrictions around Tiananmen Square then adopted to many airports worlwide as a means of promoting safety measures for the very popular Phantom series.

Wrong to do so worldwide? The manufacturer has every right to restrict their use anywhere they choose. The market will then determine if that company or product will survive such use restrictions.

I'm curious if any other manufacturer has imposed such measures in their FC systems?

6. Fplvert

:D As a matter of safety, we should use reasonable caution when flying. I certainly would not depend on software to tell me if the location is safe for flying.
    We should always be aware of airports and hospitals and avoid flying near them. Regardless of the jurisdiction having authority, please use common sense. Think before you fly, and remember: we are the ones to blame if bad things happen!

7. phantomi

+1