No need to cache maps with Ipad cellular.

The non cellular Ipad need a Wifi connection to get the maps directly on the field or use an iphone as a hotspot. The other trick you can do is prechache the maps at home in your local wifi. I think you can prechache 2GB of map data but the downside is that those data is lost when the app is completely closed i think.

I still can't seem to get my maps to cache correctly. I wish dji would allow us to permanently download maps. It only seems to save maps for a day or so for me.

What mapping service does dji go use? I wonder if one of those offline maps apps would allow us to download maps and then maybe dji app would access those same maps?

so... what exactly is the benefit of the cellular version without a data plan again?
GPS so you could update home point mid flight. Not really worth the $130 difference. Go all in or just get wifi.

one last question... how exactly do i cache the maps? while in wfi do i have to hook my ipad to the controller or can i just open up google maps and thumb thru the areas i want to fly without hooking it up to my controller?

thanks.
You need to make sure that cache maps in the background is toggled on. Because it is off by default.

I still can't seem to get my maps to cache correctly. I wish dji would allow us to permanently download maps. It only seems to save maps for a day or so for me.
Make sure cache maps in background is toggled on to keep your map from going away.

GPS so you could update home point mid flight. Not really worth the $130 difference. Go all in or just get wifi.
So you could use follow me if you wanted.

Cerone, were you able to solve? I am having same problem. Cache maps, then go to location and blank screen.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20