No More NAZA for me...

Reaction score
I made the plunge and bought a Pixhawk Flight Controller, GPS, Compass and a 3DR Radio set all from 3DRobotics.com. Keep in mind, I just started in the RC world in December of last year (2013). I have 2 DJI Phantoms and now 2 DJI Flame Wheel F550's. One with a NAZA and one with the PixHawk. Here are some pictures of the one with the PixHawk. It also has the AIMDROIX Aluminum Arms and the DJI E300 propulsion system.

fw1.png

fw2.png

fw3.png

fw4.png

I drilled a small hole in the upper plate and mounted the safety switch, that's the small red light at the bottom of the top plate. When you power up the Pixhawk, the ESC's are not armed until you press and hold the safety switch for a couple of seconds. Once armed, you can arm the motors with the transmitter.

I did an Auto Pilot flight today for the 1st time. Below is a 5 1/4 minute video of that flight. Nothing fancy and sorry about the quality as I am still learning it all. The Mission Software for this is free and will run on a PC or MAC OS.

http://youtu.be/s83ceF4Cxbo

This thing is really cool.

That's pretty cool. What kind of flight times are you getting? Can you let us know what do you have onboard your F550.

FangsCPO said:
That's pretty cool. What kind of flight times are you getting? Can you let us know what do you have onboard your F550.

I'll get this info for you as soon as I can a long with the weight.

What radio are you using? How do you control your gimbal? Is it with that knob I see in the center of the radio?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

You'll love the pixhawk, especially when you get into using the visual sensor... and other neat little add ons. I've used Apms for a while, Pixhawk is a nice upgrade. Dji... rhymes with Just a toy. Welcome to the club.

FangsCPO said:
What radio are you using? How do you control your gimbal? Is it with that knob I see in the center of the radio?

Futaba T8J & Yes, I control the Gimbal with the VR knob set to channel 7 if I remember correctly. I then ran a cable directly from the Futaba Receiver's channel 7 port to the Tarot Gimbal. The PixHawk is connected via the SBUS connection.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31