No More Gopro Fisheye

Reaction score
If you are looking to improve your Gopro Videos along with removing the Fisheye Distortion, then here is a fantastic solution. Peau Productions offers many different lens's that will do this. The one in my review is the 3.97mm and I am very happy I had this done.

Also with the Lens change you should consider their Filters. You will be amazed at how much they improve the quality of your videos. They are small, very light, made of glass and are of the highest quality.

Feel free to watch my review and 2 videos with the new lens.

Take Care, Grandpa Jake

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: jason
Thanks for the post GPJ. Lots of difference in video footage. I'm just getting into the drone action with a P2, H3-3D, and full FPV set up. Yup on mine if you ever aim your up higher toward the horizon the fish eye is really noticeable and makes it look like the P2 is filming from the edge of space. May I ask about the price?
JK

I too am interested in how much Peau Productions charges for this service!

I just went to their site... looks like they charge $130 for the service and $140 for the lens

3.97mm f/2.8 82d HFOV 16MP
(No Distortion)

$140.00 USD (on sale from $200.00 USD)

$270 total :(

Last edited:
Google and Youtube are indeed great tools in finding out something. It looks like an easy fix to convert the "fish eye" into a standard look by doing the change in the GoPro Studio. Also watched a YT video where the maker of the video compare wide angle to medium and narrow and going to the medium and narrow helped a lot as well.
jk

I've used GoPro Studio to remove fisheye, and it works well. It's also a free download!

Also, if you're using a Hero4 Black (which I typically fly with my Phantom 2) and shoot at 4K, you can crop in considerably (removing the fisheye) while still maintaining HD quality.

Another option is swapping the GoPro for an SJCAM. It's a GoPro clone - so to speak - but at a fraction of the cost. Build quality of the SJCAM is pretty decent. The field of view is less than the GoPro, so there's reduced distortion. Cost of an entry SJCAM - the SJ4000 model - is around $60.

If you are looking to improve your Gopro Videos along with removing the Fisheye Distortion, then here is a fantastic solution. Peau Productions offers many different lens's that will do this. The one in my review is the 3.97mm and I am very happy I had this done.

Also with the Lens change you should consider their Filters. You will be amazed at how much they improve the quality of your videos. They are small, very light, made of glass and are of the highest quality.

Feel free to watch my review and 2 videos with the new lens.

Take Care, Grandpa Jake

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have two cameras with the 5.4mm lens in them and looking at your video I liked the width you were getting from the 3.97 @ 82° and ordered one since they were on sale for $140.

I've used GoPro Studio to remove fisheye, and it works well. It's also a free download!

Also, if you're using a Hero4 Black (which I typically fly with my Phantom 2) and shoot at 4K, you can crop in considerably (removing the fisheye) while still maintaining HD quality.

Another option is swapping the GoPro for an SJCAM. It's a GoPro clone - so to speak - but at a fraction of the cost. Build quality of the SJCAM is pretty decent. The field of view is less than the GoPro, so there's reduced distortion. Cost of an entry SJCAM - the SJ4000 model - is around $60.

The main problem with SJCAM cameras is the USB connector is reversed and I believe there dimensions are larger then GoPro's therefore will not fit on a Zenmuse gimbal let alone the USB connector.Plus the fact they do not have the functionality of the GoPro cameras. So it boils down to you get what you pay for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31