No Map Caching in Android

Reaction score
Having trouble caching maps on three different android devices( Tab 6, S5 and S7 Edge). Using app 3.1.5, and previously 3.1.3 with same caching issue. I've used a P34K and a Standard ac ,again with the same issues. All three devices, two phones and a tablet, have cached fine previously, which leads me to think this may be a setting in the Go app I've somehow overlooked?
Opened app on wifi, scrolled and zoomed the area, but on connection to ac and controller, no map update. And, I'm getting google maps erratically.
I'm lost. Anyone with ideas?
Thanks

Open the DJI Go app, click on camera view and open the map and map and maximise it.
Look around the area you are interested in at the scale you want.

Thanks to Meta for the above

Last edited:
Hi, I have a Nexus 7 running Android 6.0.1.

The way I cache maps has nothing to do with the Go app. Just fire up the tablet and connect to the internet and select Google maps. On my display Google maps appears and in the top left the is a box with three horizontal lines with try petrol stations, cash machines or something similar.

Tap on the three horizontal lines and another box opens. One of the selections is 'Offline Areas'. Tap that and select your own area. Once you have done this it will last for about a month before you have to renew it otherwise it gets deleted.

I hope this helps.
Are these maps are usable in the Go app once flying? Its the Go app maps I cant cache.

Last edited:
And these maps are usable in the Go app once flying. Its the Go app maps I cant cache.

Do you mean UNusable?

Maybe you can help me. Where would I find the Go maps please. I am unaware of where to find the maps you refer to. Thanks

PS Just found the answer.

Open the DJI Go app, click on camera view and open the map and maximise it.

Thanks Meta.

Off to have a flight and see if the maps cache.

Last edited:
Do you mean UNusable?

Maybe you can help me. Where would I find the Go maps please. I am unaware of where to find the maps you refer to. Thanks

PS Just found the answer.

Open the DJI Go app, click on camera view and open the map and maximise it.

Thanks Meta.

Off to have a flight and see if the maps cache.
Let us know if you have any luck, and what type of phone/tablet and app verison your using. I edited my post. I meant are the maps usable.

Let us know if you have any luck, and what type of phone/tablet and app verison your using. I edited my post. I meant are the maps usable.

Tried having a flight and standard 'Here' maps are usable although the satellite view is unusable.

Forget Google Maps.
Open the DJI Go app, click on camera view and open the map and map and maximise it.

Thanks to Meta for the above

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik