Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

No Mac support???! Wt*??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ads1212, Apr 19, 2013.

1. ads1212

Hi. I'm a new Phantom flyer, and have tried to absorb everything here and on YouTube, it seems that the Phantom does not support Apple Macs, and all calibration, and downloads have to be done using a PC.

I don't want to start a flame war re Mac vs PC, but its 2013! Where's the Mac support???

I know the solution is Parallels or base camp software, but it means I have to buy a licence for Windows!

Could anyone who has a Mac please post here and add to my plea for Mac support please.

DJI... Are you listening??.

Thanks!

2. Sac D

I want the NAZA Assistant as an app on my iPad or iPhone!
    I hate the idea of having to drag a netbook or laptop with me on a trip, just so I can do calibrations. Ugh.

3. Gizmo3000

Certainly has my vote, especially since the company is coming out with the Phantom Vision, that works with an iPhone.

4. Stuart17

With you all the way... Running my wife's old slow computer which is a tiny thing. All the while my Mac keeps laughing at me....
    Stu

5. jdawson

https://www.virtualbox.org/ <- Is a free open source solution to allow you to run Windows in a virtual machine environment on another computer such as a Mac. It is the free idea to VMware or Parallels on the Mac. It is the perfect free solution to allow you to run the DJI assistant software on a Mac or Linux system.

6. Sac D

7. Audaciter

I had to install Windows on my Mac to use the Naza assistant software.
    I went to a local computer place, and bought the developer version of Windows 7. $100.00
    Boot Camp is already installed, and works fine. I took the DVD drive out of my Macbook Pro , and installed a second
    hard drive. Windows is on its own drive. Then if you want to boot into windows, you just hold down the option key
    when you power on the machine and it will give you the option of which disc to boot into.

8. DomKane

+1 on this. I had to buy VMware Fusion and Windows 7 to run it.

9. ads1212

But you still have to buy Windows software, right? That's a waste of $$$$.

10. AR.Tommy

Hello,

the naza assistant software also runs fine under Parallels for Mac OS X. A native application would be cool through.

11. GearLoose

I also have VMware Fusion but my version of Windows is older -- XP Home Edition (I think with Service Pack 2). Is that enough or will I need Windows 7?

thanks!

12. Gizmo3000

Couldn't hurt to give it a try, but I imagine it might work, as the NAZA software is rather basic.

It's stupid that DJI doesn't educate potential buyers that the Phantom isn't Mac compatible, and absurd they don't even have a read-me telling PC users what version of Windows it will work on!

13. k8xd

It works with XP. I've updated and done adjustments with it...

14. GearLoose

Thank you, that is very good news. I notice too that the comments-and-replies on the latest DJI Vimeo video include a promise for Mac compatibility "soon".

15. tvpopta

Another mac Vmware user here; would love to see a mac / iOS interface too :)

16. AR.Tommy

Hello,

it also works with Virtualbox on Mac OS X (which is free)

17. Buk

Buk

Had a friend install Windows7 on one of my old titaniums and we couldn't get it to communicate with the Phantom.

Turned out it was something called Access Control would not allow the driver to be installed.

Fixed that and all seems good, completed latest update and installed default settings.

Will enable IOC, but probably not the FailSafe switch. Happy camper!! Wonder if Mac software coming with Phantom Vision?

18. dacuz

Does anyone have any experience connecting either VMFuse or Parallels to the internet within Windows 7? I've been wracking my brain spending hours trying to get connectivity so the Naza assistant can update the firmware - no luck. Any suggestions? I've never used Windows so this is really frustrating - seems all greek to me.

19. rilot

I have no advice for you other than it should just work straight away.
    It certainly did for me with Fusion.

20. miskatonic

Install the Bluetooth module and then use the iPhone/iPad app. You don't even need to plug into the USB.

There you go, Apple Support. :lol: