No luck updating

Reaction score
Sorry guys I'm very frustrated. I have been working on updating to latest firmware for several days and I got nothing. I have no gps and no video signal. At one point it told me I had charged the battery 17,000 times and had a bad cell. I don't see how they could make this any harder. But I'm not seeing anyone else having these problems. What can I do?

Sorry guys I'm very frustrated. I have been working on updating to latest firmware for several days and I got nothing. I have no gps and no video signal. At one point it told me I had charged the battery 17,000 times and had a bad cell. I don't see how they could make this any harder. But I'm not seeing anyone else having these problems. What can I do?
Don't apologize, but can you post a description of what you have tried to date, the versions of software, and FW versions your currently have and a copy of the txt file on the SD card.:):) It can be frustrating if every step is not followed as directed and if you have skipped FW upgrades in the past.

Well I was pretty sure I had done the 1.3 so I started with 1.4 then 1.5. I have done so much since trying to reload different versions I cant remember all Ive done.
The text file wont let me copy and past. How can I post it?

Well I was pretty sure I had done the 1.3 so I started with 1.4 then 1.5. I have done so much since trying to reload different versions I cant remember all Ive done.
The text file wont let me copy and past. How can I post it?
upload it to the post-- there is an upload button on your screen.

Yes I have that printed out and did it. The Go app says it is the latest. So then I went back to 1.3 and tried to load it. The text says it has already been installed. The same with 1.4 and 1.5.

Yes I have that printed out and did it. The Go app says it is the latest. So then I went back to 1.3 and tried to load it. The text says it has already been installed. The same with 1.4 and 1.5.
Do you have the latest version of the DJI Go App installed? Look in my signature line.
Does the Go app come up with all the functions. If so, check the About screen and see what Version numbers it is reading.

upload it to the post-- there is an upload button on your screen.
Well I am blind I have gone over the entire screen several times and cant find any upload button. The text just says abort, the firmware is older or identical to the current firmware on the aircraft.

Well I am blind I have gone over the entire screen several times and cant find any upload button. The text just says abort, the firmware is older or identical to the current firmware on the aircraft.
upload a file.jpg

On the forum reply screen

Do you have the latest version of the DJI Go App installed? Look in my signature line.
Does the Go app come up with all the functions. If so, check the About screen and see what Version numbers it is reading.
My blindness continues. I have gone over every screen I can find and don't see About. I have reloaded the dji go and I believe it to be the latest. The phantom beeps 4 times repeatedly when I turn it on. What does that mean?

hey kingfish, I had the same sort of problem as you do. Same screen promts and everything. Anyway I downloaded the new firmware through my tablet (attached to rc) once it downloaded , it transferred the new firmware to the controller. After that I plugged the controller to the phantom and it did the whole beeping and lights flashing thing. Now all good and not frustrated, just flying. I hope that helps. (New firmware is 2.5.

What method of updating are you using? We tried repeatedly downloading the file to our PC, extracting the files, transferring to micro sd and putting it in the gamble slot. Would beep and blink for a couple seconds, then stop. Wouldn't update. Tried different cards, still nothing. Then I tried the same process using an ancient mac someone gave us, worked first try. Flying now. So, not sure what it was, but it didn't like something to do with windows.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj