No live view on screen

Reaction score
I have owned this Vision 2+ since it's release date and have flown it 100+ times and know it well. It has never been crashed. I started an aerial photography business with this last year and now use this and my new Phantom 3 professional for it. This has been slightly neglected since the 3 is quite a bit better. I haven't flown this (Vision 2+) in a couple of months.

When I set it all up and calibrated it today there was NO DISPLAY from the camera on the app. I checked all of the settings and then uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still no display. It flies great and everything else is working fine.

Any ideas?

Bind it to the remote / app? I had this issue awhile back.. Either scan the QR Code or just type in the mac address from the camera in the app.

Bind it to the remote / app? I had this issue awhile back.. Either scan the QR Code or just type in the mac address from the camera in the app.
I tried that by manually entering the camera number as well as scanning the code. I can see it is connected to the camera because when I snap a photo the small green light on the camera flashes red for a second. It also turns red and stays red as long as I record a video. The screen uses the shutter animation when you snap a photo. Everything is working except no live display. :-(

Camera trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:
• Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
• Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
. Check bluetooth be sure it is off
• Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
• Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
• Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
• Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
• Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.
Check your wifi battery level. See if any of these help.
If none of that work you may have a burnt out wifi module the only way to tell is to test with a known good module.

Last edited:
Camera trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:
• Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
• Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
. Check bluetooth be sure it is off
• Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
• Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
• Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
• Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
• Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.
Check your wifi battery level. See if any of these help.
If none of that work you may have a burnt out wifi module the only way to tell is to test with a known good module.

I have tried all of the above.
I have also installed the app in 3 different phones, 2 of which I have used for this before and results are the same for all 3.
Everything is up to date.
Everything else is working fine.
I even took pictures from the app and then pulled and checked the sd card. It took the pictures fine as well.
It flies and responds perfect.

Just strange how "everything" is working... just NO LIVE DISPLAY.

Spoke to DJI. Tried all of the above. He said if it still does not have FPV then send it in. Turnaround is 8 WEEKS + SHIPPING BOTH WAYS!
I dealt with this last year... no fun emailing back weekly and being without it for that long.

Again, the camera works fine when I push the button on the app. My phone screen shows elevation, speed, settings, battery levels, satellites connected, everything... except FPV.

Should I just break down and buy one of these?
http://www.amazon.com/Qiyun-Phantom...1439593567&sr=8-7&keywords=dji+range+extender

Is there anything else it could possibly be?

If you tried all the possible fixes and still no joy I would imagine the video transmitter in the quad has gone south and needs to be replaced. Do the RMA and bite your teeth. It's time to practice on the patients portion of our brains as much as we hate doing with out. Now time to bone up on the you tube videos and catch up on a few movies. We all feal your pain.

4ever9er, I experienced exactly the same problem with my P2V+ this weekend. I didn't fly the drone since April this year, but I do remember that the last thing I checked was different frame rates and resolutions of the preview, so I know it was working just fine.

Now last friday I started it up for the first time in about 4 months, and everything worked fine just like yours, except for the preview which was just dark. Pics and video were stored on the SD, and I got telemetry data to the app, but no preview no matter what I did. I actually found this thread when I was searching the net for this particular problem, but since there was no conclusive solution to be found, i took the drone apart and managed to solve the problem by myself.

One of the flat cables from the camera gimble ends up in a pcb connector at the wifi box (the metal box on the motherboard), I guess this connector was oxidized or something, because right after I wiggled this cable a little at the connector (I actually tried to disconnect it) the preview started working again. It did not stop working when i wiggled it again, so I assembled the drone and took it for a test flight, works without any problems.

Now I just remembered this thread, so I thought I'd just share this info. Hopefully, maybe your bird can be as easily fixed.

Edit: found a pic of the motherboard on the net, I marked the cable/connector I'm talking about with a red arrow. I'll try to attach it to this post.

Attachments

• previewfix.png
    previewfix.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,391
Last edited:
Good info Jorgen, we'll see if it works for some of the other members who lost video also.

Jorgen68,

Problem fixed!!
Just wiggled the wires a little and started it up ...FPV WORKS!
I hope this isn't a repetitive issue but it sure beats sending it in and being without it for months.

Thanks a lot! :)

Good news, glad I could help. :)

Perhaps those pcb connectors are sensitive to oxidation with time. Maybe someone on this forum have some tips & hints on how to protect the wire connectors (since there are a lot of them). I was thinking WD40 or CRC 5-56, but don't wanna make an oily mess inside the drone.

I've only had my P2 Vision + for less than a week. At first the FPV seemed to work OK. But then I noticed it would show a grey image of the last session and the loading "spinner" on the screen would show. I tried several things... but nothing worked until I tried the method shown in this video:

If I follow this procedure I get FPV every time and it stays working.

1. Turn on the WiFi extender and let it fully boot up and start sending it's "I'm Ready" signal. Takes about 30 seconds.

2. Turn on the Phantom. Notice the activity on the Wifi extenders system light. Wait 30 seconds or so.

3. Turn on the remote controller. (Then is when I will do the calibration using the S1 switch rather than via the app.)

4. Connect to the Wifi extender with the phone/device and start the app. Hit Camera.

That's it.

I realize there can be many different causes to no FPV live feed, but this technique has solved my problem thus far. Maybe it will work for others too.

Reactions: Todd Oleson
I've only had my P2 Vision + for less than a week. At first the FPV seemed to work OK. But then I noticed it would show a grey image of the last session and the loading "spinner" on the screen would show. I tried several things... but nothing worked until I tried the method shown in this video:

If I follow this procedure I get FPV every time and it stays working.

1. Turn on the WiFi extender and let it fully boot up and start sending it's "I'm Ready" signal. Takes about 30 seconds.

2. Turn on the Phantom. Notice the activity on the Wifi extenders system light. Wait 30 seconds or so.

3. Turn on the remote controller. (Then is when I will do the calibration using the S1 switch rather than via the app.)

4. Connect to the Wifi extender with the phone/device and start the app. Hit Camera.

That's it.

I realize there can be many different causes to no FPV live feed, but this technique has solved my problem thus far. Maybe it will work for others too.
Good job on the video. I'll try it tomorrow

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20