NO LIVE VIDEO

Reaction score
I am having a big problem. (No preview on the app.)
No live feed on my phone from the camera

- Get Black Screen with spinning wheel.

- Able to configure the camera
- Able to format sd card
- Camera moves up and down
- App shows all the information
- All the other functions work (taking pictures, filming, number of GPS's, Altitude, etc)

- Tried on iPhone 5s, 5, iPad Air, Droid phone.
- Newest app from App Store.
- Tried to reset the wifi extender.
- Tried with the old plane software (although the camera software was already updated)
- Updated all airplane software including the camera and remote...
- Tried resetting re-biding the camera with the wifi extender.
- Tried all possible sequence of steps to turn on including the one in the manual.
- Tried to put the phone in Airplane mode
- Tried to go where there is no other wifi interference.
- Tried to fly with it for while filming and taking pictures to see if would work
- Tried renaming the wifi extender
- Tried replacing the cables (power and data original from dji)
- Tried different batteries.

--> Just about everything that I found on the forums so far I have tried...

I have tried all those different steps and so far and no luck...

Next step try other cameras (dii Visio FC200's) and wifi extender combinations.

Not sure what else to try to make this work...

Any suggestions?

Video feed trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:
• Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
• Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
. Check bluetooth be sure it is off
• Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
• Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
• Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
• Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
Try reformatting the SD card with full format.
• Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.
Check your wifi battery level.
Check the three leads going to the gimbal to be sure they are tight. Check each one closely for any pins that may have pulled up and loose.
If the above don't get it then the only remaining check is the video feed plug on the wifi transmitter under the shell.
If that's ok then it's most likely a damaged or burnt out wifi transmitter if you still see the SID. image.jpg

Reactions: Mako79
Has anyone fixed this? I have not used my Phantom for quite a while, I finally decided to use it again. before I used it i updated the software and firmware for the phantom, and the camera firmware. then I went to use it, and realized I get no camera feed. I got the camera to turn on twice, don't know how. I also can move the camera, take pictures, and video......but no live feed. I also tried rebinding, a lot of the times I go to binding and I get "Wi-Fi Repeater Connection Failed". Does that mean I have a WiFi Module Issue? Seems a lot of people have that and no live feed to the camera. Also when I do bind the camera it seems after to disconnect me from the WiFi phantom connection.

Has anyone fixed this? I have not used my Phantom for quite a while, I finally decided to use it again. before I used it i updated the software and firmware for the phantom, and the camera firmware. then I went to use it, and realized I get no camera feed. I got the camera to turn on twice, don't know how. I also can move the camera, take pictures, and video......but no live feed. I also tried rebinding, a lot of the times I go to binding and I get "Wi-Fi Repeater Connection Failed". Does that mean I have a WiFi Module Issue? Seems a lot of people have that and no live feed to the camera. Also when I do bind the camera it seems after to disconnect me from the WiFi phantom connection.

I've read a few who have the same issue when left unused for a while. I think its to do with the circuits warping from drastic changes in temperature. What was the stored condition in? Was it cold? Look up the Xbox 3RRoD. I think the wifi module is very similar.
Anyways, go through @RoyVa's check list. If that fails, then try and get a hold of another wifi module.

I finally think I found the answer, on another thread. Seems mostly everyone who has the black screen of death with the live camera feed but the camera still takes pictures and operates up and down has a bad WiFi module. Seems a defect in the WiFi module that it overheats and gets damaged. I ordered a new one from Helipal it is part 03, which I believe is the new version of this part without the heating issue, can someone confirm?

Same problem, phantom 2 vision + was stored for a few months in a protective case indoors so it's climate controlled, took it out and did the updates. No live video feed just the spinning wheel with an iPhone 5s, upgraded to a iPhone 6s Plus and still the same black video feed with spinning wheel. I haven't ever opened up the shell but may if If the trouble shooting steps don't work. Never had any issues before, no crashes, always hand caught. Where is the best place to have it repaired if I can't fix it myself?

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I had the same issue on my P2V+. Everything worked except live video feed. I found a thread on RCGROUPS lead me to a test with the wifi system in my bird. I found the failing ping to my wifi module. Replaced my wifi module with upgraded version from BHPHOTO in New York and it works great.

Here is the link with step by step procedure.

RC Groups - View Single Post - DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus 2.4ghz Wifi Module - wiring diagram / camera connection

Let me know if it works for you too.

Good Luck,
Artie

Have the same issue with PV2+. This bird is less than one year old, and has, maybe, 2 hours flight time. No extended flights, a couple of tougher landings but no damage, put it in the box after last successful video viewing, took it from the box, started up, and no video feed to the phone. Tried most of what was recommended. Still working through with no success so far. With the frequency of failures of this type, is there no support from DJI for this?

DJI put out a new app to fix some of these problems with the previous app and OS9 video issues. Make sure you have the very latest app. Version 1.0.54 of Nov 12, 2015

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik