No live video after firmware upgrade. Just "DJI" logo

Reaction score
Hello, hope someone can help. Everything was working fine, including post-HDMI module...then,
IMG_0007.PNG

Then, after I upgraded firmware 1.3.20 and app version 2.0.0 on ipad mini 3, as well as added the HDMI module, I have lost live video feed, except occasionally I will get a few seconds, and then it stops. Interestingly, the "Safe to Fly" green bar is showing and a "DJI" logo is showing. So it seems to be thinking it is getting a signal, but it is not. I've tried many things, including changing all the Image Transmission settings, but nothing I've tried so far fixes the problem. Here is a screenshot of what the iPad is showing.

I've tried having the iPad in Airplane mode, etc. prior to this, I could leave Wifi on to download Google maps and still had fine video signal.

I should note, I do not believe the HDMI module has anything to do with it. I installed it and had several nice flights through the HDMI and iPad simultaneous feed and no problem. It was when I did the most recent required firmware update that live video feed stopped working.

The new app does ask to be "calibrated" very often.

Any help appreciated! -Paul in Arizona

When you tap the map, will it go full screen? If so, it could be a camera issue-- you might also try a different SD card-- first time I have even seen this -- nothing that I remember in any forum thread--
Also check the IMU calibration-- really baffling.
o_O

When you tap the map, will it go full screen? If so, it could be a camera issue-- you might also try a different SD card-- first time I have even seen this -- nothing that I remember in any forum thread--
Also check the IMU calibration-- really baffling.
o_O
Yes, the google map swaps with a tap on the small screen, as it should. Thanks, I'll try a new SD card, couldn't hurt.

Same exact problem here after update to latest firmware and the DJI GO app... No signal means no flying for me... Total pita
Cmon DJI... What is up with this... Plenty of other folks having the same issue

Just suggestions. Try downgrading it to a previous firmware version. See if the problem is still there. Delete the DJI Go app and reinstall. Re-pair, re-bind what ever it's called... the controller with the copter. Hard reset the copter. Cross you fingers and talk nice to it.

Updated to DJI Go and v1.3.20 and now it will not fly. Motors turn on and do the two revs then shut down. Any ideas?

Just suggestions. Try downgrading it to a previous firmware version. See if the problem is still there. Delete the DJI Go app and reinstall. Re-pair, re-bind what ever it's called... the controller with the copter. Hard reset the copter. Cross you fingers and talk nice to it.
Boy, still trying to find a pattern. It seems if you downgrade firmware, it still will not work with live video. but them if I upgrade again to latest firmware, it will show live video for a couple flights, then either goes back to "no signal" or "Safe to Fly" but just the DJI logo, no live video. crazy! I've tried all the iterations of reinstalling app, and different startup sequences on app vs. craft vs controller. Can't find a sweet spot where it consistently worked.

I did note that the camera seems to function fine, even though the live video feed is not showing up on the iPad mini 3. I can snap photos and record video just fine.

I sent a note to DJI support, we'll see what they say...

any other thoughts guys? Thanks!

Have you tried rebinding your controller?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I had the same problem and as bbfpv said , I did a rebind and have had no problems since

Thanks; ok so I again went back to FM 1.1.9 and the video feed seems to be working again...wow.

Can you give me some quick instructions on the re-bind? Could not find any instructions on web search...thanks.

is re-bind the same as relink in the app where you have to push the switch above the gimble to link the aircraft with the controller???

also, pmsawy - how exactly do you revert to 1.1.9 and perfroma hard reset on the quad please?

thanks in advance (no signal sufferer)

is re-bind the same as relink in the app where you have to push the switch above the gimble to link the aircraft with the controller???

also, pmsawy - how exactly do you revert to 1.1.9 and perfroma hard reset on the quad please?

thanks in advance (no signal sufferer)
Yes Page 28 in the manual

Thanks; ok so I again went back to FM 1.1.9 and the video feed seems to be working again...wow.

Can you give me some quick instructions on the re-bind? Could not find any instructions on web search...thanks.
pls how did you go back to FM 1.1.9?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj