No live feed on phone

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my phantom 2 Vision Plus, I am NOT getting a live video feed from my phantom back to my phone, which is a LG G2, I have used it about a dozen times previously without any problems, now all I see is a black screen, however, everything else is working like it is supposed to, it still takes pictures and video, I just can't see first hand where I'm flying, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI app and that didn't help, I tried it on my wife's phone, and I got the same results. She does have a work phone that is an iPhone 5 and I was going to try downloading the DJI app on it and seeing what I get. any help or information would be greatly appreciated, thanksany help or information would be greatly appreciated, thanks

There is a new version of the app which has caused issues for P2V+ owners, try updating the camera firmware which is supposed to help, the firmware is on the download page of the DJI P2V+

Read this thread

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33407

and of course if you still are getting telemetry, your wi-fi unit may have bit the dust.

??!? the wifi unit connects the camera to the app, if its faulty he wouldn't get telemetry data. It could however be a faulty ribbon cable on the gimbal, it may have come loose after the last flight, I just reread his post and he says he tried it on another phone, however he may have simply downloaded the newer app in doing so and the app may be the culprit

See if you can bring down your Preview resolution and/or FPS video rate to give some type of preview on your phone. If that works then you may have a cable issue or it very well maybe a wifi module fried issue. Plenty of threads discussing either issue and their method for a resolve.

If you haven't crashed the bird and the issue remains, even in a reduce state, I would highly recommend sending it off to DJI under warranty. Otherwise you'll spend many hours and money resolving the issue on your own.

Crash1sttime, Many have a video loss issue yet still receive telemetry data on the app. Reducing the video preview has given back some FPV ability with very little effort.

Hmm I remember seeing quite a few reports of black screens from v3 owners on other forums. Will load up laptop when I get home later and try find some threads for you...

I get black screen on the odd occasion but closing the app and reopening usually fixs that..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie