No live feed on iPhone black screen spinning wheel, etc.

Same issue here.. Its probably the wifi module in the bird.. Not happy.. I would have thought DJI would recall them and fix the issue..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

OutdoorEd, Yes it is very frustrating, but unfortunately part of the hobby. It seems there are two Wifi systems involved, one for the Chip playback (HiRes) and one for the camera feed (Low Res). When the Camera wifi transmit cooks, every thing works but the camera feed. In my case I had a couple other issues. I called DJI and this time the experience was pretty good. They are down to a 3 week turn around (last time was 10-12 weeks). They set me up with an RMA and a Label for FedEX. I boxed it upp in the original packaging and off it went. I would suggest calling DJI service and explain exactly your situation. They may find this issue to be a defective part and replace at a reasonable cost as long as there is no indication of a crash. It looks like several of us have had the camera go black recently. Either way I figured my Phantom was not much use without the camera view. So I opted to return it to DJI for all the issues I was having. If your only issue is the loss of the camera wifi, Hunch (above) seems to have the ability to repair this as an option.

I sent mine off and they recieved it today. How much was your repair, and the magic questions is, do they replace it with the same part or an upgraded part? I'm not paying for another 12 flights. They can keep it if that's the case.

OutdoorEd
DJI was kind enough to not charge me for this repair. I suppose because there was a run of bad WiFi transmitters and my unit was part of that batch. The turnaround at DJI was only 3 days from receipt to return ship. It was just shipped back yesterday. Based on tracking it to them, it took 7 days for FedEx to get it cross country. I expect it back around the ides of March. Having not opened it up and looked at the old WiFi Xmtr, I would not know for sure about the replacement, but since this seems to be a widespread issue, I would guess they have solved the problem and are replacing these Xmtrs with ones that do not fail after 12-40 or so flights. I also had a gimbal issue where it appeared to loose stability about 35% of the time then snap back to work for a minute or so then drop off again and the camera would roll off to the side. I'll need to see if that was addressed too. DJI is at the mercy of their vendors, They assemble these things with the best parts they can get for the cost. Some of us will get the ones that slip through the cracks. So far DJI has been fair about servicing parts that were defective. It's annoying when we miss an opportunity to get great video, but there's a lot of technology here that all has to work right all the time so we can fly and shoot. It might just be that we need 2 of these in order to have one ready at all times.

Dji was not so kind to me. Since the warranty was expired the cost to repair is 174. What choice did I have!? I can't even sell the **** thing but for maybe $300 on a good day.....once it's back, anyone want a non crashed vision 2plus with a dozen flights?

My P2v+ is way out of warranty. I'm certain my wifi mod. is bad.
Does anyone know a place to buy one cheap?
The ones I've seen cost far more than my drone is worth.
When this part goes...the quad is worthless. Do we just dump it?
Does it have any value as parts?

DJI returned my P2V+. It spent 8 days getting to CA, 3 days there being fixed, then 7 days coming back to PA, next 2 days of rain and one windy and finally I got to get it up in the sky today in the AM before the wind started up again. I was apparently under warranty so they returned it no charge. This time they seem to have fixed all issues with the Gimbal and the WiFi module. Camera is smooth and I can see it on the screen once again. I had looked into the Wifi Module to replace it and found prices from 175 to 185 just for the part. The 174 mentioned by OutdoorEd to repair it is actually a pretty good price if you look into all that is necessary to do the job. It's a bit tricky to get out and back in which takes time and then had to be bound to the controller after all is back in place. My current issue is that B&H gave me an old "free"battery as part of the sweetner on the deal when I bought mine and it has a very low SN and also is not recognized by the software as being smart. It now has developed a mind of it's own and drops from 8 mins to 1 min of operating time then once landed goes back up to 6, but if I crank up the props drops back to 1, so after only 20 charges, its not reliable anymore, but that is B&Hs doing, not DJI. Considering the total cost of the Phantom, I think I would opt for putting out the $174 and get it fixed, it still produces some nice video and stills when working correctly. Sometimes things have more value to us than they will sell for. I was in the AV business and had 3 600 lumen Barco Projectors that weighed 200 lbs and cost $22k each. They went into the trash. Today a 3000 lumen projector weighs 3 Lbs and costs about $400 and sets up in minutes. Same with Multitrack tape decks. Maybe that's why I find these Quads reasonably priced. They deliver more media at higher quality than any early broadcast equipment which cost hundreds of times as much. Just require a bit more talent to operate though, lots of additional technology inside. I guess when ever we get involved in some field of endeavor, we need to expect to pay about twice or three times what we thought to get to where we want to go.

Reactions: jnshane

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers