No Live Feed after crash

Reaction score
Hey all,

It is a very sad day. I just crashed my brand new p3p!

Nice to meet you all even though this is not how I expected to introduce myself. :(

Ok, the damage I see is as follows:

Landing gear(One Side)
Gimble Dented
Live Feed No Longer Works

Here are pictures:
image.jpg

20170219_195835.jpg

I will add the other 2 images in the next post..

Thanks for the assistance!

Here are a couple more pics of the damage:
image.jpg

image.jpg

I took off the gimble and cam and the landing gear but that is as far as I have gone..

I have already purchased landing gear and a 4k camera and gimble but I do not know what is up with the video feed. I get the warning about no transmission.. I am thinking the antenna wire may have been pulled loose from the landing gear but this is new to me so what do I know.. lol

Parts will be here Thursday. I hope this fixes the issue.

Does anyone know what the little circuit board is in the landing gear?

I tested the compass by calibrating and it did calibrate successfully. Not sure if this is a test but we'll see.

Tomorrow I have the landing gear coming and one leg really needs to be replaced but the other one is fine. The one that houses the compass needs to be replaced. I also have a gimbal guard coming and prop guards as well which I will be using for awhile.

Thursday I have the camera and gimbal coming and I hope that solves everything. For the amount of money I spent I could have bought a Phantom 4..

Not sure if anyone is interested but here is the story on how this happened..

I am on the east coast and there is snow on the ground here. I drove literally over 150 miles looking for a decent and legal place to fly but every state park was closed. I ended up settling for a small but empty parking lot next to a lake. There were trees around but I figured if I flew over the frozen lake I would be fine. I went out over the lake and then I realized I was in beginner mode with a range limitation of 100 feet.. This is what made me come back closer to my location which is where the trees were.

I was about 10 feet away from a tree and the camera was facing me. A gust of wind blew and I either did not react fast enough or I hit the controller the wrong way. I honestly am not sure but into a tree it went where it looked like it was going to get stuck but then it just fell hard onto the pavement.. I think it was maybe 10 feet high.

It was a very stupid and expensive lesson. I am embarrassed to post it but maybe it will help someone else..

Happy droning!

Webdevoman don't be ashamed / embarrassed to post your crash. We all learn from each other. I've crashed too my P3A, it costed me a new AC (used), resulting cheaper than the cost of all parts to be replaced, in a DIY manner. True, I have read a lot about the P3 here on this forum, and concluded my crashed bird was a '1503' unit (highest RF power), so I've searched on the market the same model, luckily found a P3P AC.

Since you're stating the new gimbal with camera has arrived to you, have you installed it ? If still no video transmission, then the issue it might be further downstream (in OFDM ?).
In DJI GO App you may switch from live to previously recorded content. Is the recorded content from the SD card viewable in good conditions on the phone/tablet you're using ?
The AC & RC are still linked ? The most left led from the RC is green ? I guess yes, since you haven't said the AC is disconnected, but not delivering the live video. At startup, is the new gimbale performing its usual 3axis-motion-check-dance ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20