NO Link between the Remote Controller and Receiver

Reaction score
Hello,

I have the DJI Phantom Vision and recently a problem which is intermittent and happened a couple of times now.
I do not get a link between the Remote Controller and Receiver.

The procedure:
1. I switch on range extender, remote controller and then the phantom vision.
2. After the boot procedure (sound and lights) the visions two lights are flashing fast in yellow color.
3. No link is established between DJI Vision app on the iphone and the visions camera.
4. After some time the remote controller light starts flashing and beeping.

> Switching components on and off does not help, following the link procedure in the manual "Link between the Remote Controller and Receiver" pressing the button at the vision does not help. Despite recycling the procedures over and over again I cannot get a link and have to cancel the flight.

I tried to use the phantom a couple of days later and suddenly everything works normal, I have no idea why.

Questions:
Is there anybody who had the same problem?
Do you know how to rectify the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Did you have the SD card in ?
A couple of times I have left the SD card in the card reader on my PC and only remembered when I couldn't get it to link.
Glen

SD card was in the camera. What is the connection between SD card and getting a link?

Thanks

Not sure but mine will not link without the SD card in.
Sorry I can't help you I'm sure someone will be along soon who can.
The people on here are very helpful !
Cheers Glen.

How many satellites were you seeing when you had the problem? You were outdoors, correct?

-slinger

I was outdoors. As far as I recall the DJI vision app was never able connected to the Vision when the problem occurred. Therefore there was no satellite indication from the app.

Thanks

Pula said:
I was outdoors. As far as I recall the DJI vision app never connected to the Vision either when the problem occurred. Therefor there was no satellite indication.

Thanks

Pretty weird... But no wifi connection to the extender = another clue... :)

EDIT:
If I'd have read your entire initial post (with a modicum of comprehension), I would have realized you had no link to the extender. The fact that you didn't, renders my question totally useless... Sorry about that. Still working on that first cup of coffee... :shock:

-slinger

Rapid flashing yellow means the receiver can't find any "linked" transmitter, as you say. The fact it's intermittent is an odd one, especially if you haven't made any mods or had a crash between when it worked and when it didn't (and now fixed itself). Could the transmitter batteries have been on their last legs, or were you somewhere where there could have been some source of interference that could have interrupted the handshaking between tx and rx? I'm not sure why you couldn't get the range extender and camera to talk to each other either - do you remember if the light on the back of the camera was on?

If it doesn't happen again then it may have been "one of those things", and you leaving it alone for a couple of days switched off was the Vision equivalent of the IT department fix-all procedure of "switch it off and switch it on again"...

Pull_Up said:
Rapid flashing yellow means the receiver can't find any "linked" transmitter, as you say. The fact it's intermittent is an odd one, especially if you haven't made any mods or had a crash between when it worked and when it didn't (and now fixed itself). Could the transmitter batteries have been on their last legs, or were you somewhere where there could have been some source of interference that could have interrupted the handshaking between tx and rx? I'm not sure why you couldn't get the range extender and camera to talk to each other either - do you remember if the light on the back of the camera was on?

If it doesn't happen again then it may have been "one of those things", and you leaving it alone for a couple of days switched off was the Vision equivalent of the IT department fix-all procedure of "switch it off and switch it on again"...

First line of defense... Reboot !!! That's the one thing that hasn't changed in all the years I've been in IT... :D

-slinger

Unfortunately I still get this problem now and then. The problem occurs despite full batteries and standing with the transmitter next to the Phantom. The green camera light is on when the problem occurs.

I am reposting this, maybe somebody has the same problem and even a solution for it.

Thanks

My Vision has this same annoying problem, I get the rapid flashing yellow LEDs on 95% of my initial power boot cycles. The only solution is to power down and reboot, sometimes it takes up to five tries for the transmitter to link to the receiver.

I have read so many times about rebooting. Are you referring to just powering down and starting it again? I am having a linking issue between the controller and the Phantom, and cannot get it to work?

Rebooting, yes. Power off the Phantom battery completely, turn off the controller, wait a few seconds, then power up the contoller and power up the Phantom.

Do you get the start up tones on the starts that you don't have connectivity??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20