Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

No Led lights

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Help' started by valke056, May 10, 2013.

1. valke056

Hi There,

After a small crash there is no LED lighting anymore, no red, yellow, green etc. It only works (turns green) when the Phantom is attached to the PC. Otherwise no lights. The Phantom flies however perfectly, but I have no idea to solve this problem. Dealer says that it 'might' be that the GPS module is down, but I am not so sure about that. Anybody a suggestion? Thanks

PS I checked all connections to the Naza and they are OK

2. jumanoc

Open phantom and verify wires on the deep battery tray (some times battery hit and disconnect them )

3. Audaciter

This is true, they made the connector on mine so short, it was stretched tight going into the Naza.
    Also, the led board is pretty inexpensive, and has nothing to do with the gps.
    Your dealer must be thinking of the compass, which plugs into the gps board.

4. valke056

Yes guys, thanks, it is indeed the connection to the led-indicator which is defected. I will try have it repaired. The connection is obviously very short and therefore rather sensitive for shocks. Thanks again!

5. phillyspy

Same thing happened here, so I took a closer look at the LED module. Turns out the wire labeled VCC tore right off the board. Here's a photo of the repair after sanding and solder. Tested and works fine.

Attached Files:

6. rogerdel

Could this also be the problem why the only light i ever see is green no amber in atti or red low batt?