No Led lights

Reaction score
Hi There,

After a small crash there is no LED lighting anymore, no red, yellow, green etc. It only works (turns green) when the Phantom is attached to the PC. Otherwise no lights. The Phantom flies however perfectly, but I have no idea to solve this problem. Dealer says that it 'might' be that the GPS module is down, but I am not so sure about that. Anybody a suggestion? Thanks

PS I checked all connections to the Naza and they are OK

valke056 said:
Hi There,

After a small crash there is no LED lighting anymore, no red, yellow, green etc. It only works (turns green) when the Phantom is attached to the PC. Otherwise no lights. The Phantom flies however perfectly, but I have no idea to solve this problem. Dealer says that it 'might' be that the GPS module is down, but I am not so sure about that. Anybody a suggestion? Thanks

Open phantom and verify wires on the deep battery tray (some times battery hit and disconnect them )

Open phantom and verify wires on the deep battery tray (some times battery hit and disconnect them )

This is true, they made the connector on mine so short, it was stretched tight going into the Naza.
Also, the led board is pretty inexpensive, and has nothing to do with the gps.
Your dealer must be thinking of the compass, which plugs into the gps board.

Yes guys, thanks, it is indeed the connection to the led-indicator which is defected. I will try have it repaired. The connection is obviously very short and therefore rather sensitive for shocks. Thanks again!

jumanoc said:
valke056 said:
Hi There,

Same thing happened here, so I took a closer look at the LED module. Turns out the wire labeled VCC tore right off the board. Here's a photo of the repair after sanding and solder. Tested and works fine.

Attachments

• fix_phantom_led.jpg
    fix_phantom_led.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,113
Could this also be the problem why the only light i ever see is green no amber in atti or red low batt?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic