No IOC capability

Reaction score
My IOC cannot be switched on. I am using the Mac version of the assistant and whilst I was alb ego update the firmware on the quadcopter itself, I could not even get the mac to see the controller that it was connected to - the controller was powered on of course.
I am a novice at this - any advice?

If you mean the top left button on the controller then yes, I do switch it to home lock without effect.
I am told that on a new P2 I have too switch IOC on and that is what I am trying to do via the assistant software.
I am a novice at this with my main interest being in getting some good video footage so forgive me if I am missing something.

Do you mean that i should connect to the main P@ via USB cable and use the Naza assistant version 2.2 to turn IOC on?

@gludy,

You need to switch from Phantom 2 mode to Naza-M mode in the upper right of window. Simply click Phantom 2 and select Naza-m. Once Naza-m mode is enabled, you should see a tab for IOC in the advanced window. You enable IOC here.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ozon8r said:
@gludy,

You need to switch from Phantom 2 mode to Naza-M mode in the upper right of window. Simply click Phantom 2 and select Naza-m. Once Naza-m mode is enabled, you should see a tab for IOC in the advanced window. You enable IOC here.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote

I should add that the IOC function is enabled within the Phantom Assistant software with only the Phantom connected to your computer, not the remote control or RC Assistant.

Ozon8r said:
Ozon8r said:
@gludy,

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote

When I switch to Naza-M to enable IOC , do I then click back to Phantom 2 and disconnect, or is that irrelevant?

Thanks you

Mark

I remember reading that Naza m functionality has to be enabled in order to use IOC. I bet switching back to Phantom 2 mode would remove the IOC function.

Thank you.
Clicked on the Phantom 2 tab and was ablest turn on the home IOC.
Once again thank you for your patience.

Sorry but still have some queries left.

1. When i switch on the remote control there is no beep. I have changed to FFc but still no beep. Is that normal? The P@ Vision video has the remoter beeping twice at switch on. It did not beep before I turned on the IOC.

2. Now when I try to power up intend of going to the green flashing the only stage the P2 reaches is i green flash with three red flashes but I cannot find such a signal anywhere in the manual or instructions so I am scared to even take off until I get the green flashing only. Has anyone any ideas?

My rc only beeps when voltage drops <4 volts.

One green and three red indicates satillites acquired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I have now realised that in Naza mode the red flashes indicate the number of sats acquired.
Graudally beeps two reds then one red and then only green.

The video instructions on the DJI web site make it clear that the remote should beep once for CE set RC and twice for FCC set RC.
So it is at least, confusing.

Still cannot update the RC firmware as the computer does not see the RC when connected.
This now seems to be my only unresolved issue.

I only have the mac assistant software but that cannot see the RC and asks me to connect it so no changes to firmware as the RC is not seen.
Took it to my son's PC and that could not see the RC either.

Gludy said:
I only have the mac assistant software but that cannot see the RC and asks me to connect it so no changes to firmware as the RC is not seen.
Took it to my son's PC and that could not see the RC either.

Gludy,

Please do not accept this as expert advice, as I just received my Phantom 2 a day ago and have not flown yet. Here is what I've done. First, I went to the DJI web site and downloaded all the current quick starts and manuals. Read through them and in the most recent release notes is the list of current firmware and software versions.

Next, went back to web site and downloaded all the Assistant software. I have two Mac laptops, one with Windows running on it (I have a Phantom V1 and needed Windows to run the P1 Assistant).

The RC Assistant is ONLY available for Windows, it is not available for the Mac...yet.

I loaded the RC Assistant on the Mac running Windows and updated the RC.
I loaded the Phantom 2 Assistant on the Mac running Mavericks and updated the Phantom 2 and performed all of the calibrations, including an advanced calibration after I did the compass calibration dance.
Although I don't think I needed to, I did it anyway, I went back to Windows and calibrated the RC again.

I should note, I switched from Phantom 2 mode to Naza-M mode and enabled IOC, since I am most familiar with that from using the Phantom V1. Turned third switch position to FailSafe mode on the right switch too while I was at it. The Zenmuse was plugged in during all these updates and calibrations and seems to work. After all of those calibrations, I plugged in the iOSD to the CAN-Bus and performed it's calibration/update by directly connecting it to the Windows Mac via USB.

So you should be using your son's PC and the RC Assistant software to update your remote controller, if you are not doing that already. (Can't help you with this, but your son's PC must have all the necessary drivers)

When I turned on my RC the first time, it did not beep nor did it require me to drop the throttle to proceed, as the PV1 does. It did start beeping when I left the RC sitting for a period of time. The manual indicates it will beep after a period of inactivity. I don't believe my P1 RC does that.

Good luck.

Thanks for all that info which is helpful.

I tied the RC assistant on my son's PC but it could not see the RC at all - nothing see the RC.
I have now sent the RC back to the dealer to see if he can get anything to see the RC.

I also wanted to change over to the FCC out of the CE and tried the screwdriver - I was very gentle but it turned a few times and there was no way of knowing if the change was complete. It should beep two times to tell me its in FCC

Anyway its back for the dealer to check as the USB connection just does not appear to work.

I will now update my mac to run the PC software. I had not bothered doing that on my new Mac laptop.

in naza do not take off with three flashing red led, wait until it is at least one prefferably non, or it will start to drift in gps mode, this caught me out when i first tried it

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20