No internet connection?

Reaction score
Is there a reason when I connect my iPhone to wifi of the bird I get a yellow alert under it saying I do not have an Internet connection?

Also I've read some feeds that there is no need to calibrate the compass each flight, but the app is telling me to do this...

Thanks in advance for the help

MM

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

It's just telling you you're connected to Wi-Fi that offers no Internet connection. It's normal.

I've read some feeds that there is no need to calibrate the compass each flight, but the app is telling me to do this
What exactly do you see in the app?

Reactions: Markie Mantle
What is the exact message you see?

You won't see that screen until you start the compass calibration.

I was referring to the message that's telling you to calibrate. If you're referring to the button below, it's not prompting you to calibrate. That's just how you start the calibration when you decide you need to do it.

DJI-GO-Calibrate-Compass.jpg

I wonder if 'double tapping' display is happening here ... we all do it sometimes. Particularly if the display unit is a bit low on memory. You tap to start an item ... its slow and you tap again ... what happens is the 'second screen' accepts the secind tap and bingo ... you are presented with apparently need to do something.

Just thinking out loud ...

Nigel

I think your find that's normal. You can carry on and not calibrate but as it's such a simple procedure why would you risk it?

I see this thread had two questions posted by the OP, and mostly is talking about the compass calibration issue. But the header about "no internet connection" is posted every week on this and the DJI forum, what is it that people seem to think that when their device is telling them the drone/RC has no connection to the outside world (the internet) somehow that's an issue?? Are there really that many that think the internet and a wifi connection are one in the same??

Reactions: mdowney58
I see this thread had two questions posted by the OP, and mostly is talking about the compass calibration issue. But the header about "no internet connection" is posted every week on this and the DJI forum, what is it that people seem to think that when their device is telling them the drone/RC has no connection to the outside world (the internet) somehow that's an issue?? Are there really that many that think the internet and a wifi connection are one in the same??

Yes, way too many people think that.........:)

That's not the only myth or misunderstanding !!

The Multi-rotor world particularly as in the DJI and similar ... are so easy to fly out of box with literally no RC skills at all. The number of people who have no background info is numerous. Unlike other RC models which take significant time to learn the skills to fly etc.
This has not only led to such questions by owners - but also to some of the stupid antics that result in legislation / rules to control their use.

Sorry if that offends anyone - but as an RC'r of many years I find the rules that are because of stupid drone flyers crossing over into other RC forms annoying. Of course there are stupid RC flyers in other disciplines - but drones are leading the field .....

Nigel

That's not the only myth or misunderstanding !!

The Multi-rotor world particularly as in the DJI and similar ... are so easy to fly out of box with literally no RC skills at all. The number of people who have no background info is numerous. Unlike other RC models which take significant time to learn the skills to fly etc.
This has not only led to such questions by owners - but also to some of the stupid antics that result in legislation / rules to control their use.

Sorry if that offends anyone - but as an RC'r of many years I find the rules that are because of stupid drone flyers crossing over into other RC forms annoying. Of course there are stupid RC flyers in other disciplines - but drones are leading the field .....

Nigel

Good post

I've used RC since I was a we little boy, but we never had such advanced settings like the dji offers. I am trying to take a responsible approach with my drone as I see it being abused by many in the field. I would like to say I can't just throw $500 out of the window, but I would like to protect my investment. You didn't offend me, you just showed that there are a few people on here that their egos are bigger then the sites they fly!
Glad I met someone that knows everything today...[emoji106]

I certainly do not know everything and I like that I learn something new everyday. I keep my eyes, ears open for all around. I try to be responsible in what I do, but also try to enjoy it.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl