No image transmission

Reaction score
I flew my new P4P today with a 64gb SanDisk Ultra Plus that has been used in my P3A successfully. But the P4P kept giving me a "no image transmission" message. I turned my quad, controller, and iPhone 7 off and on. Didn't help. Changed to a Samsung Evo 32gb card. Worked ok. Also worked with the 16gb Panasonic card that came with the quad. Strange that image transmission depends on SD card! Haven't tried formatting card, but shouldn't have to! Any comments? Thanks in advance. PS: Am finding that the P4P has more "little software problems" than the P3A.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

.....Then try formatting the card......

Reactions: Mo of Pocatello
That's good to hear. I thought I upgraded the firmware on the transmitter, and didn't find any firmware upgrade file for the quad itself (is that right?).

I had to upgrade both last week. It sat until today, came home and tonight there was another upgrade. I use the DJI Pro 4 software to do it all. Very simple for me so far and it just tells me when to update. I did read all the instructions and watched tons of YouTubes and read forums the week before I got it to be prepared for my maiden flight yesterday am.

I will. Still, as an electrical engineering/CS professor I question why image transmission should depend on the sd card at all. It shouldn't. What if something happens to the sd card mid-flight? Then you'd suddenly lose image transmission?

If your card is bunk or not formatted properly it might impact the FPV as the camera is tied to the card and FPV and maybe it needs the capability to write some log files or data and if it has problems it impacts the cameras ability then it glitches during those issues. Just a hunch with no technical details to back it up

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj